PCL: Comet Alignment module

FunTomas said:
I don't know, where to click.
How I can help you to calculate the center of saturated core ?
Tom?, if you know core center , you can enter the x,y manually.

You don't need to know center of the saturated area. From previous set of images I know velocities in x and y axes (for example 3.5684px/hour and -1.12345px/hour). If I know these values, it is possible to realign images. I did this proces in Iris, but it is uncomfortable to switch tool for this small task.

FunTomas said:
I know velocities in x and y axes (for example 3.5684px/hour and -1.12345px/hour). If I know these values, it is possible to realign images.
I understood! I will add it.

This is product of my work with Comet Alignment module. It is difficult for me to process this image like HDR, but this is question to other forum thread. Alignment was done well. Thank you for your tool.

Attachments

• img020.png
    img020.png
    332.8 KB · Views: 67
v.1.0.1.0001 + comet velocity pixels/hour. BugFix: interpolation method was ignored - fixed.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.gif
    Untitled-1.gif
    206.6 KB · Views: 125
Hi Nikolay.

This is unbelievable. You are faster than Speedy Gonzales  (fastest mouse in Mexico)  :eek: . Many thanks.

Tom?

Hello Nicolay

I did a try on this module, and shure I did something wrong.
I marked the comet in the first and last Image, but after processing, in the images in between the comet was not aligned correcty.

I then selected arbitrary images by double click on the module and the comet was not aligned there also.

(attached image of first, arbitrary in the middle and last image)

Regards
Geert

Attachments

• cometAlign.jpg
    cometAlign.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 114
Please share with me first, last and one of intermediate image(which not aligned).

Hello Nicolay

I saved the files in rapidshare
Here are the links:

https://rapidshare.com/files/4203171076/debayer_garradd-099L_c_r.fit;
https://rapidshare.com/files/1398331872/debayer_garradd-078L_c_r.fit;
https://rapidshare.com/files/2455703676/debayer_garradd-046L_c_r.fit;

They are calibrated, registered and debayerd

Regards
Geert

gvanhau said:
They are calibrated, registered and debayerd
Hi,
Problem in ImageRegistration. Blink  the images to see that image #099 is not registered to other two.

Best regards,
Nikolay.

Hello Nikolay

I have some trouble with the module.
When I save a project containing the module (process icon) I can not load the project anymore because it crashes PI.
I tried wit a project containing only this module as process icon.
Can you please verify this?

Regards
Geert

gvanhau said:
When I save a project containing the module (process icon) I can not load the project anymore because it crashes PI.
Bug fixed.

v.1.0.2.0001 BugFix: process icon problem(impossible to load process icon) - fixed.

Hi All, I am a newbie to PixInsight but I have collected about 20-odd images of comet P168 last night and am trying to process the images using the Comet Alignment Module. I note that it uses the Date-Obs field which is in the original image file, but as I have single shot colour QHY-8 when I debayer the images, the Date-Obs field plus all the other FITS camera data appears to be lost in the debayered header files. Have I missed something? Any suggestions? Cheers Grant

GrantBoxer said:
when I debayer the images, the Date-Obs field plus all the other FITS camera data appears to be lost
There are problem in BatchDeBayer Script, which don't preserve FitsKeywords.

Use Debayer Module + Image Container. ;) That combination doing same, but preserve FitsKeywords.

It seems I am a little slow. I have tried the CometAlignment tool and it seems to see the comet fine (I can select the comet in the first and last image, I can see the green circle move as I open other images as it should). I then select an output directory and click apply. It makes a series of fit files. If I open those fit files in BatchPreprocessing it does not seem to do any different than the raw files before using CometAlignment.

I know I am doing something stupid, can you point me in the right direction?

Allan

Back