PCL: Comet Alignment module

Flea77 said:
I have tried the CometAlignment tool and it seems to see the comet fine (I can select the comet in the first and last image, I can see the green circle move as I open other images as it should). I then select an output directory and click apply. It makes a series of fit files. If I open those fit files in BatchPreprocessing it does not seem to do any different than the raw files before using CometAlignment.
Please check ( Menu>File>FitsHeader ) are really images was processed by Comet Alignment module. Open one image and check history in FitsHeader. Look my print screen for example.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 119
Hello Nicolay,

thanks for the great Comet Script. It works well!  :)

What do you think is the best integration algoritm after registration! I used Winzorized Sigma but I;m looking forward to your answer!

Greetings from Germany

Karsten

Solidarity said:
What do you think is the best integration algoritm after registration! I used Winzorized Sigma but I;m looking forward to your answer!
I think there are some hints in the documentation. I cannot check this right now... No access to PI here...

Hi :)

I'm trying to download the linux 64bits version, for 1.7, but the link doesn't work (well, not a single link to endor here works...). It is my problem, or do you experience the same?

Hi!

the links are ok now, but for win 32bit and win64bit comes the CosmeticCorrection tool.

Click on the image to download
CosmeticCorrection-pxm_PI1.8RC3_Win64_1.0.3.0001.rar
to your hard drive

Best regards.
Herbert, Austria

Hi Herbert - if you haven't already done so, just download the module. When you unzip it, it is indeed the CometAlignment-pxm.dll you're looking for.

Unzip the file, then move or copy it to the C:/Program Files/PixInsight/bin/ subdirectory, then start PI.

Open the Process menu, and at the bottom you'll see "Modules".  Choose "Install Modules...".  A dialog box pops up with no new modules in it.  Press "Search" in bottom left corner of dialog, and the new module will be identified as "new" and added to the selection list.  Select it from the list, and hit "Install".  The Process Console will do its thing and show the following when done:

Module Id ............ CometAlignment
Version .............. 01.00.03.0001
Language ............. eng: English
Development status ... <* Unspecified *> (release)
Release date ......... 2012/12/25
Author ............... Nikolay Volkov
Copyright ............ Copyright (c) 2012 Nikolay Volkov
Trade marks .......... PixInsight
Original file name ... CometAlignment-pxm.dll
API version .......... 138
Module Description:
CometAlignment module

You're done!
Rod

Hello Nik
I can not find the file CometAlignment-pxm.dll,
in zip files i find it kind CPP and H, not pxm.dll
thanks.
Giorgio

Giorgio said:
I can not find the file CometAlignment-pxm.dll,
in zip files i find it kind CPP and H, not pxm.dll
Giorgio, you downloaded C++ Sources code package.
Try to download Bin for PI.

Best regards,
Nikolay.

Some program generate FITS file with different DATE-OBS format. See doc
So, the module crash if DATE-OBS deffer from format 'yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss.sss'

v1.0.4.1 BugFix. added support for short format (DATE-OBS + TIME-OBS)

Hi, i can't load images in Coment aligment tool..., it's don't load, nothing . I use 1.8 RC7

Plase i need help.

Thanks

Rafael

RafaRo said:
Hi, i can't load images in Coment aligment tool..., it's don't load, nothing . I use 1.8 RC7

Plase i need help.
Impossible without your files...
Give me link where is i can download your files.
And which OS you use?

Back