Unable to compute noise estimate - very frustrating...

federico

I'm searching of integrate a set of images. With certain images in particular the program stops (hangs - staten that it doesn't release memory) with an "xxxyyyy.fit (channel #2) Unable to compute noise estimate".
Tried to disable noise estimation - nothing.
Tried to disable cache as described in forum - nothing.
I don't know if this is an error, something wrong in my images (that is regularly opened and displayed in every case), or its behaviour resembles an error. But, since images are common color fits, regularly debayered, all of the same size, this is ***not*** an acceptable behaviour. Ok to reject them. Ok to blame photographer. NOT acceptable to break a quarter-of-an-hour operation, without explanations, without nothing, 3 times.
Not acceptable also - I'm sorry - to disable something and see that something executed in every case, and destroying my time.
Very, VERY frustrating.
Please can someone give me an hint, a workaround, or perhaps a bug correction?
PixInsight, last version (just updated). WinXP 32bit, 11 fits.

Hi Federico,

I understand your frustration if you can't do what you want; as a software developer I get frustrated in the same way several dozen times every day ;D

Jokes apart, I need to see your images in order to give a useful answer. Put yourself in my place: if I can't reproduce the exact problem that you're experiencing, then I have no way to understand and fix it.

So, could you please upload a relevant set of images that are causing these problems?

Juan,
I'm also a software developer, so I unserstand perfectly. But you know, my passion is not my job so please forgive me.
How/where can I put that giant images? (143MB/each....). One of them is enough: system refuses completely to evaluate or process it....

Federico

P.S.Now, with another set of 15 images, process has broken at last step, MRS noise evaluation, after 25 minutes of elaboration. Cache were disabled, no problems if more time is needed, but let me say that continuous "out of memory" is really a problem...
I've a quad core 4 gb: not a monster but not so bad...

Back