Punterazo

RBA

Today, changing the ID of a view caused an "Access violation" invalid memory read operation at address FFFFFFFFFFFF..."

Probably the change of ID is not the cause but there's a memory leak/wild pointer/etc somewhere in the code.

I had been doing a whole bunch of things before that: the whole calibration/registration/integration ordeal on a LRGB set, BN, DBE, histogram, ACDNR, color saturation, etc. Not sure if it's worth mentioning it, but the very last two steps were a dynamic crop, ID change and histogram transformation. Then a new ID change and bang! My system was reporting 11.01 GB of RAM in use and 7.41GB free, so not a memory full issue.

I had 18 other apps also running - some tiny, like 4 Notepad sessions, NetTerm and stuff, others not so tiny like OpenOffice, Firefox, MS Visual Studio, Photochop, etc). None affected.

Funny thing is... I'd OK the error and it'd happen again right away, and again, and again, forever... But between each exception error there was a lapse of maybe 1/4 of a second, and that allowed me to click the Save As icon and save that image. Then, between that interval, click on another image... then the exception error would stop showing up. Clicked Save As, saved that other image, then, error popped up again, and again, but now not right after... In fact, now the "pauses" between the errors could last a minute or more... which allowed me to use the new SAVE WHOLE PROJECT feature to save PI's current state of affairs. Oh wait, that's not implemented yet... What was I thinking!!  >:D

The moment I would shift focus to that first image, the error would start popping up again.

This is on Win7x64, v1.06.09.0652 c86_64

I'm still getting these errors, somewhat randomly. Can't really tell what causes them, but they're happening quite often.

Today I noticed that, after getting one of these errors, I continued working, and whenever I'd move the cursor over a view window, it would stop drawing the mouse cursor, but if I continued moved the mouse as if moving the mouse over the view, the cursor would then reappear on the other side. Likewise, when I "enter" with the mouse over a view, if I stop and move the mouse back, it would come back. Basically it's as if PI would refuse to draw the mouse over that view - and ONLY that view.

Of course, if I save the image, close it, and reopen it, then the problem is gone.

Hi it sounds like it might be the same issue that has allready been discussed here. http://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=2710.0

Gary63 said:
Hi it sounds like it might be the same issue that has allready been discussed here. http://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=2710.0

Thanks... I've applied the workaround posted by Juan there. I'll report if I continue getting the error.

Update coming soon, maybe?  :angel:

Update coming soon, maybe?  :angel:

No significant updates until version 1.7.0. Soon, soon ... in the relativistic time scale imposed by the strong space-time deformation caused by a first version of projects...  :cheesy:

Back