Master after WBPP is green and I can't fix it.

When I drag a CR2 file onto PixInsight (RAW Format Preference is set to 'Pure Raw'), the file is opened as CFA data. When the same is done with RAW Format Preference set to 'Demosaced RGB', the file is opened as RGB image. So in my case, the 'Open' command acts consistently.

---

Generally, the behavior is as follows:
When using PixInsight's 'Open' command for opening a file in proprietary raw format, it depends on the 'RAW Format Preference' setting whether CFA data or the result of debayering is displayed. If, however, a process or script uses input hints ( https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?threads/pixinsight-1-7-new-format-hints.3011/ ), they will take precedence over the 'RAW Format Preference' setting. An up to date outline of format hints is given in Format Explorer, select 'RAW', double-click on 'implementation'.

WBPP opens files in proprietary raw format always as CFA data, independent of which setting is used in RAW Format Preferences. This is necessary in order to perform a correct image calibration (with CFA data).

Bernd

Chris, I dragged your CR2 file onto PixInsight with 'RAW Format Preference' set to 'Pure Raw' -> CFA data, and to ''Demosaiced RGB' -> RGB image - just as expected.

Bernd

Chris, I dragged your CR2 file onto PixInsight with 'RAW Format Preference' set to 'Pure Raw' -> CFA data, and to ''Demosaced RGB' -> RGB image - just as expected.

Bernd
Interesting. Don't know what to say. It's not an issue for me (in fact, it's nice to have individual images open already debayered). These are my raw preferences. When I push "Pure Raw" nothing seems to change, which I push "Demosaiced RGB" the whole setup changes. Neither preset seems to change how my CR2 files open outside of a process or script.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 111425.png

Interesting. Don't know what to say. It's not an issue for me (in fact, it's nice to have individual images open already debayered). These are my raw preferences. When I push "Pure Raw" nothing seems to change, which I push "Demosaiced RGB" the whole setup changes. Neither preset seems to change how my CR2 files open outside of a process or script.

View attachment 22420

I think something must be broken in your core-001-pxi.settings file
Do you see this line?
Code:
         <v k="RawPreferences_outputCFA" t="b" v="true"/>

Do you see this line?
Code:
         <v k="RawPreferences_outputCFA" t="b" v="true"/>
Same as yours. In any case, I believe this behavior predates the existence of the .settings file completely.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 114131.png

Do you see this line?
Something very odd must be going on if the values in the .settings file don't match the displayed values in the Format Explorer preferences.

Same as yours.
Hmm... In that case I really don't see why your system loads debayered RGB - these settings are telling it not to. It is as though your file open command is accessing some hidden format preferences. Do you consistently get this behaviour when:
  • opening a file using the "FILE" menu "OPEN" command (or Ctrl+O)?
  • selecting a raw file in the OS file explorer / finder (Windows File Explorer on my system)?
  • dragging from the OS file explorer / finder onto the PI desktop?

Hmm... In that case I really don't see why your system loads debayered RGB - these settings are telling it not to. It is as though your file open command is accessing some hidden format preferences. Do you consistently get this behaviour when:
  • opening a file using the "FILE" menu "OPEN" command (or Ctrl+O)?
  • selecting a raw file in the OS file explorer / finder (Windows File Explorer on my system)?
  • dragging from the OS file explorer / finder onto the PI desktop?
Yes, I tried it all three ways. And double-clicking the desktop to access a file dialog. And also if I open multiple files.

Back