Mac 32bit version - View settings are "forgotten"

Lex

Hy,

it's now the 3rd time that my previously configured view settings aka workspace selector, readout, mask, preview and so on; the little icons in the top and low parts of the screen...
They sometimes disappear after restarting the soft? Does anybody know where this comes from?
Is it perhaps because I am running the 32 instead of the 64 bit version?

I don't know why but it seems that the 32 bit version works better and more stable on my MacBook Pro 5,3 than its 64 bit companion?

Thanks

Greetings

Lex

Hi Lex,

The behavior you're describing is strange; we haven't seen anything similar. As a sanity procedure, you can try the following procedure to reset PixInsight to a default configuration ?but be aware that you'll lose your current preferences settings:

- Close all running instances of the PixInsight application (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions).

- With Finder, locate your home folder. On your home folder, open the Library/PixInsight folder.

- On $HOME/Library/PixInsight you'll find two plist files: PixInsight32.plist and PixInsight64.plist. Please remove both files.

- Now open the PixInsight application (any bit version) and everything should be normal. You'll have the factory-default settings.

The Carbon-based 32-bit Mac OS X version is the only Tier-1 implementation of PixInsight for the Mac. It is as stable as the reference Linux version, and probably the most efficient version of PixInsight in some aspects, especially regarding GUI performance.

The Cocoa-based 64-bit version for Mac OS X is production-stable for all image processing tasks, but we still consider it as experimental due to a number of GUI glitches and issues. The worst problems so far are some issues with cursor updates that are difficult to overcome for a variety of reasons (including some bugs in Cocoa APIs that Apple doesn't seem to address for a long time). We are working to solve these problems, but it isn't easy.

Our recommendation is using the 32-bit version of PixInsight for Mac OS X on a regular basis. The 64-bit version can be used to work with very large images or image sets, where the extended memory addressing capabilities are necessary.

Hy Juan,

I followed your advices and deleted the two files and now the soft starts up as usual?
BTW I can not explain the cause of this problem, all though it happened 3 times or so?

My OS was working with 32 bits and I now pushed it up to 64 bit using a command in terminal,
from that moment on it was like having a new machine with a fully functional PI, What should I ask
more ;-)

Great, like ever, perfect service, just great!!  8)

Thanks Juan & PI-Team!!

Lex

Back