Harry's video tutorials

Harry,

The tutorial for TVG denoise. Does not play.
All other tutorials are working great.

Thanks

Max

Love all your Vids, and downloaded them too,  AND made a well deserved Contribution to the cause !!  :smiley:

My question is this:  How do I combine BINNED color images (2X2)  to non-binned images ??  You mention it in one of your videos but then you just used the Star Alignment tool and LRGB tool.  Is that all there is to it ??  Don't I have to use the Resample Tool ?? 

Thanks again,

Dennis
Florida
USA

Hi

9.9 out of 10 times the star alignment tool will resample the binned image to the non binned image automaticaly ( make sure the lum is the referance image )

on the odd occasion it does not work you can as you say resample the binned to match the lum and this will manage the other 0.1 :)

Many thanks for your help  ;D

Regards

harry

Hi Harry, 

Thanks for the quick response !!

I just tried the star alignment method and YES it worked andregisterd them to each other.  BUT,  when I tried to combine into an HSO image , it didn't work.  Let me add,  I am only using ONE sub of each HA, OIII, SII  and they are still LINEAR with NO processing.  I was just trying it out for the first time.  Is the problem the fact that they are LINEAR and therefore won't combine using the Channel Combination tools ?? 

Still a Newbie after almost two years of this crazy hobby,

Dennis  :smiley:

Hi
combination at the linear stage is common and should not cause you a problem ?

You say it did not work , could you explain more - did you get a error message etc  , we can then see if we can help

I would say a single sub of each is likley to be very noisey

Harry

Harry,

Great set of PI tutorials!

How's about figuring out the cryptic CometAlignment process and helping us out?

Regards,

Fred

Hi

http://www.harrysastroshed.com/pixinsighthomeinter.html

10 th one down  :D  a old version of the module but will get a long way down the road

Harry

Hi Harry;

Thanks a lot (again) for your instructive tutorials! I just wondered if you still upload your videos to your YouTube channel? I really found this really awesome to learn stuff even when abroad!

Very Best!

Lex.

Hi,
I am having difficulty accessing your tutorials for newbies. After downloading and trying to open I get a message saying "Quick Time" can't open it. I am a Mac user (completely locked into their eco system and do not intend starting again with Windows equipment). Is there some other way I can open these video tutorials - which hopefully will not be too complicated.
Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.
David

Hi David,

When you decide on which tutorial video(s) you want to watch, these should ideally be downloaded to your machine. Your Web Browser should tell you the name of the file that you are downloading and, more importantly, it's file extension - amd it is the file extension that determines how the video was encoded.

When you then want to 'play' the video, you need a player that is capable of 'decoding' the downloaded file.

If you don't therefore have the correct codec installed in your machine, then you won't be able to play the video in question.

I just checked one of Harry's videos, selected at random, and it had an .mp4 file extension. From my experience of QuickTime, this application is geared up towards Mac victims, sorry, users who are going to work with .mov extensions.

There are, unfortunately a bewildering (and, imho. wholly un-necessary  :police:) number of video and audio codecs available for users to select - and so you cannot blame the person who performed the encoding process. It is when 'locked-up' or 'hooked-in' OS vendors specifically obfuscate the solution process that users, like yourself, are left somewhat 'peeved'.

Perhaps another Mac user has resolved the problem and can help here?

Hi

Most of the vids are mp4 and will play fine on a Mac no probs

But there are a couple that are wmv files which are not directley supported by macs , but do know there are free wmv players out there which will work fine  :smiley:

I did wmv files when I first started as they create small files , but found mp4 to be more comparable with more os. So I changed to these. ( yes those Mac people  >:D)

Regards

Harry

dshadrach said:
Hi,
I am having difficulty accessing your tutorials for newbies. After downloading and trying to open I get a message saying "Quick Time" can't open it. I am a Mac user (completely locked into their eco system and do not intend starting again with Windows equipment). Is there some other way I can open these video tutorials - which hopefully will not be too complicated.
Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.
David

just download VLC, it plays everything. or download mpv. both exist for OSX. nothing is locked down or locked in on OSX.

for crying out loud, there is even a finder plugin for FITS files which lets you use quick look on FITs files.

rob

Hi
I have a accent :)

Glad the old vids still help-Lots more info out there now from when I first did these though

Keep well

Harry

Hi
I Know some people still visit my website for info , But for a week the website will be down while I rebuild it in wordpress

and of course a lot of the old links will not work - sorry about that :eek:

Will get it back up ASAP

Cheers

Harry

Hi
I Know some people still visit my website for info , But for a week the website will be down while I rebuild it in wordpress

and of course a lot of the old links will not work - sorry about that :eek:

Will get it back up ASAP

Cheers

Harry

well just make sure to keep wordpress updated... it seems like there is a new vulnerability every day with wordpress.

Back