Dots resist to move in DBE

gvanhau

Hello
I'm not shure if this is realy a bug, but it could be.

The senario is working inside a proyect,  using DBE,  when I try to move a dot, the program resists a lot. (reaction is very, very, very slow and jumpy)
Placing new dots or erasing others is normal.

platform: win 7 64bit,  8G ram, phenon 4xcore 2.4Ghz.

Regards
Geert

Hi Geert,

I've noticed this behavior before and it looks like 1.7 has the same problem. I just loaded a 3000x2000 32b RGB TIFF and placed one DBE sample. I switched to 1:1 view in a window that's about 800x600 pixels. Dragging the sample very slowly works fine but large motions are problematic. CPU load remains low while I do this so I suspect there's some logic in the code that allows only a few updates per second which makes large movements problematic. I hope Juan will comment on this.

Oh, this is on a laptop with W7 and a core i7 2G CPU. Should be plenty of horse power and as I said, CPU load is low.

Perhaps we're not talking about the same thing? Grab the sample with your mouse and quickly drag it left/right over the image. The sample will skip over the image. I've seen it on several systems, I'm pretty sure it's generic behavior.

Nocturnal said:
Perhaps we're not talking about the same thing? Grab the sample with your mouse and quickly drag it left/right over the image. The sample will skip over the image. I've seen it on several systems, I'm pretty sure it's generic behavior.

Yup, that's what I just did. I hadn't noticed it earlier but I don't recall ever having to drag a sample across the image or far from its original location, so I was curious and decided to try it, but again, it looked fine to me. No delay or slowmo of any kind.

Hi I just tried this on my pc win7 64bit. tried with 10 to 50 samples per row image size was 3474 x 2314 46 MB cr2 and samples dragged across the screen very smoothly.

Gary

Hello

Aditional info: If I begin working on a fresh image every thing goes ok, but if I open a previously saved proyect with several images (including masks) then DBE begins to stick.

Regards
Geert

I too have experienced this occasionally, did wonder if it was related to real time updating of the sample inclusion/rejection window on large rgb images.
Darren

Back