cannot reproduce Desktop actions unresponsive

pproulx

I run a Mac Studio M1Ultra. Intermittently, the Pix desktop will become unresponsive. I cannot choose open images on the desktop or select process and receive the error message in the attached file. I can select menu items and will save my project. I then can close Pix and restart where I left off on the project. This can happen several times daily, and I've run for days without an issue. 1.9.9-2 Build 1604

Attachments

Last edited:
I have the same setup, M1 Studio Ultra and I haven’t experienced this. It may be due to other software or configurations on your system.

Which Pixinsight version and Build do you use?
Did you make an upgrade from an older version?

Cheers
Tom

Ok, regardless that Build 1605 is current, Build 1604 has already most of the bug fixes ironed out.
Your error log reminds me of QT6 errors in earlier builds of PI 1.8.9-2.
You still have a Pixinight.ini or settings.ini present in your system and the filesize is pretty large?

Cheers
Tom

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce any of these problems on our machines. The current PixInsight version works without any issues on our M1 Max laptops with macOS 14.4.1 Sonoma.

Ok, regardless that Build 1605 is current, Build 1604 has already most of the bug fixes ironed out.
Your error log reminds me of QT6 errors in earlier builds of PI 1.8.9-2.
You still have a Pixinight.ini or settings.ini present in your system and the filesize is pretty large?

Cheers
Tom
Tom,

I thought I had updated the machine I was having issues with apparently I had only updated my laptop.
Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce any of these problems on our machines. The current PixInsight version works without any issues on our M1 Max laptops with macOS 14.4.1 Sonoma.
Juan,

Thanks! I've upgraded my Studio to 1605 and will give it a go.

Pete

Hi Peter,

FYI - I have installed the lates build and the problem continues. As previously stated although the desktop is unresponsive I'm able to save the project, quit and restart the project. I copied the information from the process console and will attach in this post. I know it's not reproducible and I'm not seeking support.

Back