ChannelExtraction: *** PixInsight API Error

acmalko

Hi all,

Just to share the error message I encounter when I want to extract the L layer after a MaskedStrech at 0.200 on an RVB xisf file.
Sometimes (0x0060), but more often (0x0027)

Windows 10 x64 21H1 - Ryzen 7
Pixinsight 1.8.8-8 installed as a new version 2 days ago (but without reboot just after uninstalling the previous one)
No test on another computer

Code:
ChannelExtraction: Processing view: Image17_DBE1
*** PixInsight API Error: GetViewPropertyValue(): Low-level API function error (0x0060): Undefined view property
<* failed *>

ChannelExtraction: Processing view: Image17_DBE1
*** PixInsight API Error: GetViewPropertyValue(): Low-level API function error (0x0027): Invalid user interface object handle
<* failed *>

Than you for your help if you know an easy way to correct it but it's not a problem that prevents me from working

api.jpg

Yes I will but...Hummm...
Error disappeared as I used IntegerResample, lost astrometry, as I wanted to upload a smaller picture.
Error disappeared as I saved and re-opened the picture so...difficult to reproduce

Ok, I will upload the linear picture and you can try to Maskstretch it (target background 0.200) if you want.

Thank you for your answer and your job.

Thank you for uploading the image. As expected, this problem cannot be reproduced on any supported platform. Rebooting your machine after important software changes is also a good idea for sanity on Windows.

I came across this same issue. I am also on Windows 10 x64 and with latest PI installed (and rebooted). In my case I stepped back through History Explorer to a previous version of an image, made a clone of that version and tried to extract L from that clone - it failed with the same error. However there was no error when I tried to extract L from the original image. I deleted the clone and repeated the process, stepping back with History Explorer to the same point and creating another clone. This time channel extraction on the new clone worked OK, no errors.

I came across this same issue. I am also on Windows 10 x64 and with latest PI installed (and rebooted). In my case I stepped back through History Explorer to a previous version of an image, made a clone of that version and tried to extract L from that clone - it failed with the same error. However there was no error when I tried to extract L from the original image. I deleted the clone and repeated the process, stepping back with History Explorer to the same point and creating another clone. This time channel extraction on the new clone worked OK, no errors.
Thank you, exactly the same. Quite difficult to repeat.

Back