cannot reproduce Application Freezes on Mac

I just installed the latest version on my M1 Mac, but I recall having this problem on earlier versions, I just haven't reported it. The Pixinsight app behaves very strangely when in Full Screen Mode on the Mac. The symptom I see the most is that a process screen will freeze after completing, which locks up the rest of the application (can't click on any other parts of the screen, can't return to the desktop by clicking it. However, when I bring the app out of Full Screen Mode, it begins behaving correctly again. The app doesn't crash, it just stops responding until I pull it out of full screen mode.

I downloaded and installed 1.8.9-2 build 1605. PI sees a former stack but spinning wheels and message saying PI is not responding when I try to use WBP. I may be in the wrong thread. I happens all the time.

Last edited:
I used WBPP on Macbook Pro M3 Max with latest OS 14.4.1 and Pixinsight build 1605 without any issue.
I got some issue with build 1604 on another scripts or process (I think it was mainly GradientCorrection) and seems more stable on 1605. I will test again soon.

I had the same problem after upgrading PixInsight to version 2024-04-30. What solved the problem for me was to trash the file WeightedBatchPreprocessing-001-pxi.cache from PixInisght folder ( ~/Library/PixInsight/WeightedBatchPreprocessing-001-pxi.cache ). Seems something was modified in the latest iteration that freezes the app when trying to access to WBP. Now I'm re-installing all the scripts one by one and crossing my fingers not to have the same issue again. 🤞

Back