What's New in Release 1.0.1
We have included the full versions of the ATrousWaveletTransform process and the À Trous Wavelets processing window. PixInsight LE provides now exactly the same wavelet processing tools implemented in the full standard version at the release date.
The new ATrousWaveletTransform process includes:
You can access a specific documentation section on Wavelets Processing.
The PixelMath process and its associated interface allow you to perform a sequence of arithmetic and logical operations on an unlimited set of images.
You can access a specific documentation section on Pixel Math.
Existing documentation sections have been greatly improved with more practical examples, brief tutorials and lots of mouseover-based figures. Existing documents have been thoroughly revised, and some fully worked processing examples have been added.
More in-depth texts have been authored on critical aspects of image processing.
New documentation topics include:
Note that the documentation entries for the Median, Erosion and Dilation filters have been moved to a new chapter specific to morphological filters (previously they were included in the chapter on noise reduction). The same is true for wavelets.
Users have now the option to avoid installing a copy of the official documentation on their local hard drives. A newmain menu option has been added to give direct access to the online official documentation for PixInsight LE.
We have started uploading a series of tutorials, written by PTeam members, on key topics of astrophotography and their implementation in PixInsight LE. Existing tutorials can be accessed online right now at:
We expect to be adding new tutorials and practical image processing examples at a constant rate.
This is the main list of bugs fixed by version 1.0.1:
1. Process Icons. Replacing the process instance owned by a process icon object, by dragging and dropping other icon, or a process drag object from a processing window, was not working after having deleted one or more process icons.
2. Masked process instances in ProcessContainer objects were not working properly, giving some weird errors related to swap files.
3. Histograms Window. If the output histograms panel was hidden (by unchecking the Output check box), the process drag object was disappearing from this window at startup. the only way to recover it was to check the Output check box again, exit the program, and launch it again.
4. Histograms Window. The state of the Lock check box was not being restored from the Windows registry.
5. Preferences Window. After changing some items affecting the appearance of the main window, it was not being correctly updated until the next program execution.
6. Process Icons. Sometimes, when creating a process icon by dragging a process drag object from a processing window, and dropping it to the main window's work area, the icon just created was not correctly drawn on the screen.
7. Image View Context Menu. Both Zoom In Mode and Zoom Out Mode menu items were showing just "Zoom".
8. MedianFilter / MinMaxFilter. Circular kernels were being incorrectly generated. This was affecting especially the 3x3 and 5x5 filter kernels.
9. ATrousWaveletTransform. Noise reduction filters with 3x3 kernels were not working properly.
10. Real-Time Preview Window. Having a preview selected on the Real-Time Preview window, when executing a process on the same preview object (e.g., by dragging a process drag object), the real-time version of the preview image was not updated properly.
11. Real-Time Preview Window. Having a preview selected on the Real-Time Preview window, when restoring the preview object, the real-time version of the preview image was not updated.
12. Process Container Window. Fixed some weird behavior of drag/drop operations.
13. Process Container Window. An access violation error was being caused by dragging a process to move it to the last position in the ProcessContainer sequence.
14. Processing History Window. Clicking on the green checkmarks / red 'x' marks to enable/disable a process in the ProcessContainer was not working properly because the clicked item was not selected on the process list.
15. Filter Manager Dialog (for A Trous Wavelets and Convolution). After having loaded or saved a filter set module (.pi-fsm file), no more filter editing was possible because some interface elements on the dialog box remained (incorrectly) disabled.
16. Preview Properties Dialog. After clicking OK on this dialog, the current preview identifier was changed even though the user had not changed it.
17. ProcessContainer. Under some circumstances, process instances belonging to a ProcessContainer object were not executed correctly if a mask was required. This happened for previews exclusively; when applying ProcessContainer to images there was no problem with masked processes.
18. Color Management. Improperly generated look up tables (LUT) were yielding inaccurate renditions of color images on the screen, especially for some particular ICC profile spaces, as Adobe RGB(1998) and other wide gamut spaces. This problem was causing visible blue casts and excessively saturated colors over bright image areas. Note that this error affected onscreen renditions exclusively, not color transformations performed on actual pixel values. This bug was catched by Pere Sanz, who reported it to the PixInsight Forum.
19. Color Management. The Ctrl-S) was producing image files with embedded ICC profiles, even though the original image did not have an embedded profile and the Embed Profiles option of Color Management Setup was disabled. Note that this was not happening with (Shift-Ctrl-S). Now the following criteria are strictly applied for :command (