WBPP crashes

Roy Hagen

I get this message in the process console when I try to start the WBPP script: *** Error [006]: /Applications/PixInsight/src/scripts/WeightedBatchPreprocessing/WeightedBatchPreprocessing-engine.js, line 2936: InternalError: allocation size overflow.
Reinstalled PI and restarted the computer
System: Mac OS 13.5.1
Computer iMac

Works fine on MacBook pro M1

Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have the last version 2.6.0?
It sounds an issue with an excessive cache size.
If this is the case it can be solved by removing the cache file, but first please let me know which version you use.

Robyx

Where can I find the information as WBPP crashes on startup?
From process console:
Processing script file: /Applications/PixInsight/src/scripts/WeightedBatchPreprocessing/WeightedBatchPreprocessing.js

* Code signature verified:

script-id : WeightedBatchPreprocessing

developer-id : PTeam

timestamp : 2023-08-28T15:28:03.859Z

* Parsed cache data in 872.284 ms

Where can I find the information as WBPP crashes on startup?
From process console:
Processing script file: /Applications/PixInsight/src/scripts/WeightedBatchPreprocessing/WeightedBatchPreprocessing.js

* Code signature verified:

script-id : WeightedBatchPreprocessing

developer-id : PTeam

timestamp : 2023-08-28T15:28:03.859Z

* Parsed cache data in 872.284 ms
In a Windows installation you can check product-info.txt in src\scripts\WeightedBatchPreprocessing. I imagine you'll find the same file in the same location on a Mac.

I see from the signature that this is the last version.

In the folder “~/Library/PixInsight” you have few .ini files, one is the wbpp cache file.

You can solve your issue by deleting it but first it would be essential for me if you could share it (privately or publicly as you prefer) such that I can investigate the issue.

Can you do it?

Robyx

Restarted the computer one more time, and it works fine now
Still looking for the cache :), may be useful.
Thanks for your time

Roy

There are no .ini files on this mac as far as I can see
I can post it if I can find it :)
Oh my fault! The file extension is .cache
Are you saying that now you don’t experience the issue anymore? Did you remove anything manually or just rebooted and that’s it?

There are no .ini files on this mac as far as I can see
I can post it if I can find it :)

on the mac the main PI configuration file is called PixInsight.plist, as plist (xml) is the standard config file type for OSX. the WBPP cache file is called WeightedBatchPreprocessing-001-pxi.cache, the SubFrameSelector cache is called SubframeSelector-001-pxi.cache, and the ImageIntegration cache is called ImageIntegration-001-pxi.cache. all these files live in ~/Library/PixInsight/

i believe the two process caches are XML files, but the WBPP cache is json.

rob

I found and deleted the .plist, restarted the computer and the WBPP worked again but I think the real culprit is an almost full internal storage.
It seems that the internal storage of the computer used more than 800GB of 1000GB , so now I moved most of my image files to an external HDD.
Thank for all help and information an I will check out the cache files for the WBPP, Rob !!!!

Roy

Back