WBPP auto crop option

AstrGerdt

Hello,

the new feature to automatically plate solve the images during the pre processing comes in really handy for doing a colour calibration or annotation directly after the preprocessing.

However, when I choose to first crop the image due to excessive artifacts near the edges, I then have to redo the platesolving. In some cases, this makes this otherwise good feature pretty useless.

Could it be possible to integrate an auto crop option prior to a final platesolve?

BTW: outstanding work in the last update, that were a lot of improvements!

CS Gerrit

Hello,
I agree with you, spent time with platesolve during wbbp is the next first step is crop the artifacts is useless
I appreciated the drizzle step in the pipeline

Massimiliano

I agree completely. An automatic crop feature will be implemented in one of the next versions of WBPP, including several user-selectable options. The crop will be applied before plate solving the final integrated images. We are now working on solving this problem.

Hi Juan,

thanks for your reply.

I really appreciate how much you take user feedback into account during the development process. You are creating an awesome piece of software!

CS Gerrit

Since we are already at the topic of the automated plate-solving: it would be really nice to have the possibility to provide position estimates for the light frame groups manually, through the UI. There are many people, like me, who are photographing with a simple DSLR without additional software. In that case, there is no position information in the header of the file.

CS Gerrit

Probably my lack of understanding (I am still a beginner) but when I do mono or split channel work, I'm only seeing 1 set of 'autocrop' files. With the OSC work I've been doing up to now, I get 2 autocrop sets - an "_autocrop", and an "_drizzle1x_autocrop".

autocrop.JPG

Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot and there's an obvious reason - or point me to a logical explanation elsewhere on this!

OK - I'll call myself out as an idiot. The above was a re-process and I suspect I didn't reset something fully. Just finished stacking a new set and it's all there fine

autocrop1.JPG

The behavior you see is dependent on your settings in WBPP.

Drizzle is standard for well dithered OSC data because it avoids the interpolation during the registration process. So in the end, you have a cropped and uncropped version of the normal and the drizzle integration.

With mono data, drizzle is only necessary for increasing the imaging scale and you probably didn't activate it. That is why only the regular integration was generated and cropped.

No need to call you an idiot, I understand that PixInsight can be quite hard, especially in the beginning. It just offer SO much options!

CS Gerrit

The behavior you see is dependent on your settings in WBPP.

Drizzle is standard for well dithered OSC data because it avoids the interpolation during the registration process. So in the end, you have a cropped and uncropped version of the normal and the drizzle integration.

With mono data, drizzle is only necessary for increasing the imaging scale and you probably didn't activate it. That is why only the regular integration was generated and cropped.

No need to call you an idiot, I understand that PixInsight can be quite hard, especially in the beginning. It just offer SO much options!

CS Gerrit
Thanks - yep, I suspect it was a setting I'd overlooked when I reran my integration.

Back