Updating from 1.8.9-1 to the latest version issues

Pixinsight stores the path(s) of the installation and some other values into the registry, for example that .psm-files belong to Pleiades Astrophoto.PixInsight.xpsm.
After it found the 3 folders, click F3 on your keyboard and continue the search.
Just a few example below
1711325539542.png

It could be also that the previous installer, which is still on your system got corrupted.
This is not necessarily a problem with Pixinsight, but with Windows, for example Windows still stores values from my previous versions in the registry, as you can see
1711325983527.png

And as you can see on the screenshot below, there are definitely more than 3 folders about Pixinsight.
1711326280710.png

However, as I mentioned before, it is really important to make a system restore before deleting anything from the registry, that you can go back before that "operation", in case anything goes wrong.

Cheers
Tom

Ok, I got the latest version to install correctly on the Laptop and all is good there, License and all, everything is up any running fine there

So when I go to copy the installed folder from my Laptop over to my PC and also the newly updated %AppData%\Pleiades file , Should I first be looking at uninstalling the old version again so I don't have two folders called Pleiades ?
( Sorry, I know I shouldn't have re installed it, I was just testing to see if the old version can still be installed )
All this is very much appreciated.
Sorry for all this very long drawn out questions, But I think we are getting close to getting this working if this plan works.

Last edited:
It's worth a try to uninstall the previous version, copy the installation folder to the C:\Program Files and adjust the path of the shortcut to Pixinsight.
At this stage, what could go wrong?
Another try, after you de-installed Pixinsight, search the registry for the following string: "Z:\Program Files\Pixinsight" (adjust the string according to your previous installation) and change the path to "C:\Program Files\Pixinsight".

Cheers
Tom

Hi, Just thought would would give everyone an update on how things went.
It was all a success, I have now got the very latest version on Pixinsight installed up and running and installed all of my repositories plus the extra ones that I couldn't install on the old version.
So what I ended up doing was:
Uninstalled the old version yet again off my PC, go into %AppData%\Pleiades file and keep only the License file and delete anything else.
Installed the latest version of Pixinsight onto my Laptop,
Then copy the Pixinsight file from Programs file and paste into directly into the Programs file on my PC,

The just find the Pixinsight exe file in the Pixinsight bin folder, click this to launch Pixinsight and up it came, the very latest version up and running.
Then just create a shot cut on the home screen.

Hope that all make sense in my non standard terminology terms here, but bottom line is, it all worked as a success.

So have to say a thank you very much for all that has been helping out, a big thanks to Tom that has been putting up with my many rambling how to questions, and a big thanks to fredvanner

Can't say how much I appreciate all this, Keep up the great advice,
Appreciated.

Back