Unable to download repository information.

Hi, I installed 1.8.9-2 build 1604. I no longer can access the rc-astro processes. I get the error message shown in the attached:
Network error:schannel: CertGetCertificateChain trust error CERT_TRUST_REVOCATION_STATUS_UNKNOWN https://www.rc-astro.com/BlurXTerminator/Pixinsight/: etc.
Can anyone please explain what is going on with these and how I might resolve this issue?
Thanks in advance.
Peter

Attachments

• Screenshot (139).png
    Screenshot (139).png
    436.5 KB · Views: 39
Check the link in your repository, not sure whether the trailing / is required or whether this is an issue with the error message.
However, you may have a certification problem on your Windows computer, I had a similar issue with another repository.

Cheers
Tom

Thanks Tom, I reinstalled the links in the repository from the RC Astro site. they have the "/" It still doesn't work. I edited the entries to remove the "/" that didn't work. I added the "/" back. they stil dont work.
As for the certification how do I address that? Is it my end or their (RC Astro) end? I reset the internet options, I checked the time and date, I cleared the SSL, to no avail. After that certificates etc are beyond me. Grateful any further advice you can provide. cheers
Peter

Have you tried a VPN to connect to RC-Astro? It could be network related.
Or, if you have another PC/notebook, you could install PI on this one and try to download to there.
If the same problem happens again, it is your network provider.
If not, you could copy the process manually to the problem machine.
As for the certificates, these on your side, I had (have) the problem, but solved it with an overkill attempt and installed Windows complete new.
It worked for some time, but the problem came back.
It affects only one notebook, not my processing machine, so I've come to terms with it and accept it.

Cheers
Tom

Thanks Tom. I installed Pixinsight on my observatory machine. I was able to download and install the RC Astro apps on it.
I'm happy to copy them to this machine. How do I do that?
Really though, I would prefer to address and resolve the issue that is causing this. Is it possible that the antivirus or firewall?
cheers
Peter

You just copy the XT modules from C:\Program Files\Pixinsight\bin to a USB drive and copy from there to the same folder to your machine.
After that run "Install Modules" and it should find the processes from Russell.
Really though, I would prefer to address and resolve the issue that is causing this. Is it possible that the antivirus or firewall?
I wish that would be easy to answer, in my case it never worked again except when I did a clean install of Windows.
I compared my certificate chain with the one on my main PC, no difference found.
Hours of internet search or an in-place installation of Windows didn't help.
What bothers me so much, it is only one repository which has this problem, everything else is working fine.

Cheers
Tom

Thanks again for that. Now I know where to look for the XT modules I can probably do that with remote desktop.
I guess we have taken this as far as we can. So thanks for your suggestions.
As a parting comment though, my issue is with all the www. entries in the repository. In the attached screenshot, Pixinsight says that the digital signature is "unavailable". If I can solve that, perhaps it will work.

Attachments

• Screenshot (150).png
    Screenshot (150).png
    413.8 KB · Views: 25
I guess you don't have the same message on your observatory machine.
This indicates a serious problem with the certificate chain.

Cheers
Tom

Correct no message on the observatory machine.
I copied the XT modules as suggested. They are all in place in Pixinsight on this machine, but it makes no difference. I still get the same error message.

Did you click on Install modules?
Though you cannot download them, but they should be avaliable now on your processing machine.

Cheers
Tom

To get the XT icons you also need to copy the three directories:

PixInsight/rsc/icons/module/BlurXTerminator
PixInsight/rsc/icons/module/NoiseXTerminator
PixInsight/rsc/icons/module/StarXTerminator

and for the documentation:

PixInsight/doc/tools/BlurXTerminator
PixInsight/doc/tools/NoiseXTerminator
PixInsight/doc/tools/StarXTerminator

Um, thanks Mike. Thanks Tom. I found Install modules as suggested by Tom, and that worked. However, there was no AI. So, I pasted entries from the Library folder on the other computer into the library folder on this one. That appears to have worked. However, I can't seem to load the Tensorflow dll as a module. It takes 2 min to deconvolute a master frame which I think would be shorter with GPU accel.

I think you need also the tensorflow copied and replaced.
But... recently a lot users reported issues with another repository, can you try to connect with your PC by VPN?
Though I believe your observatory machine is on the same network, but maybe worth a try.

Cheers
Tom

Well, yes the observatory machine is on the same network, I have a Wi-Fi link and control it using remote desktop. I got tired of copying and pasting, so I added the RC Astro tensorflow, and the other missing repositories to Pixinsight on the observatory machine. I then copied the Pixinsight folder from the Program folder on the observatory machine and pasted it into the Program folder on this machine. Windows dutifully copied and pasted the observatory Pixinsight folder over the folder on this machine. So I now have all the missing repositories installed here. I also just reinstalled Win 11 over Win 11 on this machine, hoping there was some file corruption I had missed that would be fixed. However, I am still not sure tensorflow works (as it still takes 2min to BlurXTerminate a single master light), and the repository updating issue remains. Fark!

Just a couple of further comments on this. I noticed when installing one of the problematic repositories, that on the observatory computer Pixinsight showed a pop-up which said the signature was missing, and asked did I still want to install. I clicked yes and it went ahead. Pity Pixinsight on this computer won't do the same! Secondly, the RC Astro tensor flow is now working of this computer. So, I have all scripts and processes up to date and working again. (For now?) cheers.

Just a couple of further comments on this. I noticed when installing one of the problematic repositories, that on the observatory computer Pixinsight showed a pop-up which said the signature was missing, and asked did I still want to install. I clicked yes and it went ahead. Pity Pixinsight on this computer won't do the same! Secondly, the RC Astro tensor flow is now working of this computer. So, I have all scripts and processes up to date and working again. (For now?) cheers.
To be clear, the certificate problem is an underlying security issue within the OS and impacts Internet data transfers. It is unrelated to unsigned scripts or processes within PI, which generate warnings that PI allows you to ignore.

Well, I contacted RC Astro. Russell Croman emailed me and advised that he made a change to the security certificate. The repository downloads are now working for me. So, for now, all is good with the RC Astro repositories. Hooray! Almost there, the only outsanding repository is Skypixles.

Could you let us know what change to the security certificate had to be done to get it working?
Except me, I recall there was a few months ago another user who had this problem, so it could be pretty useful to everyone who may face this problem in the future.

Cheers
Tom

Could you let us know what change to the security certificate had to be done to get it working?
Except me, I recall there was a few months ago another user who had this problem, so it could be pretty useful to everyone who may face this problem in the future.

Cheers
Tom
Unfortunately I don't know. As I said above, Russell Corman changed the certificate at his end. No input from me. I just found that after he advised of the change and I restarted Pixinsight I no longer got the error message on any of the RC Astro products. He did point me to this though, if it still didn't work. https://www.rc-astro.com/faq/ssl-handshake-schannel-errors-in-pixinsight/

Back