Unable to delete samples in DBE Tool (Mac Version)

Lex

Hello,

after generating samples in DBE tool I am unable to delete Samples situated in non useful zones...
There is no delete key on Macs, I know, but where is the clue?  :)

For the rest, thanks guys for that genius piece of the art called Pixinsight!

Great Job!!!

Thanks

Lex 

you should be able to highlight the sample you want to get rid of and press the backspace key. you have to take care when clicking on a sample to get right on top of it, or you'll create a new one and then delete the new one.

IMHO you might as well place all the samples by hand; you'll get a better result. but autogenerating and deleting samples that are over foreground features works too, i guess.

pfile said:
IMHO you might as well place all the samples by hand;

Even so, and without getting into what is better (each case is different and starting with an autogenerated set actually is not a bad strategy sometimes) you may find you have to go back and move or delete a given sample to refine your background model. It happens to me hundreds of times :)

Lex said:
...after generating samples in DBE tool I am unable to delete Samples situated in non useful zones...
Simply select a sample (with mouse or by navigating using the arrow icons in the DBE GUI), then use the red x in the GUI (top right region).

Georg

Hy,

Okay, thanks a lot friends; I'll try this ASAP, but I think that the issue with the backspace doesn't work on my setup, as strange as it can sound???
The Application even forgets the page-layout sometimes and I then have to reconfigure the toolbars?

By the way the Soft stays still the best  ;D

So then

Thx

Lex

In fact,

it really doesn't work to delete samples with the backspace, the issue with the red X in DBE UI works but there should be an easier way to complete this task on Macs, shouldn't ?
Something like selecting several samples an be able to delete a group?
Perhaps I have overseen something?

Lex

you guys are right... i have a sun type 6 USB keyboard (which is the One True Keyboard) on my mac. it has a delete key over above the arrow keys and pressing that does delete a sample. i guess i never realized i was not pressing backspace.

if you have an apple keyboard that has a "function" modifier key you can press function-backspace and that should delete your samples. i just tried this on my macbook pro and it worked...

Ok,

Just to confirm my interpretation, pushing Fn+Backspace should do the Job; am I right with this?
Would be cool, because I really often need to delete generated sample :)

Thanks

Lex

Lex said:
Ok,

Just to confirm my interpretation, pushing Fn+Backspace should do the Job; am I right with this?

Thanks

Lex

yes that worked for me, at least.

pfile said:
Lex said:
Ok,

Thanks

Lex

yes that worked for me, at least.

Yes, it also worked for me. Thanks for that.

Dave

still it might be nice if juan mapped the backspace key to the delete function on OSX. it's a pain in the butt having to press a key sequence, especially when your other hand is on the mouse.

Back