Star Xterminator causing crash (fixed)

I had the same problem, just upgraded to Windows 11 yesterday but thanks to this post I was able to resolve it, so far, we'll see...

I ran sfc /scannow and although it did find a corrupt file after reviewing the logs I found that it wasn't ucrtbase.dll. After running sfc, and it repairing some libraries, I still got the crash, it was happening with BlurXTerminator as well, only not as often. Anyway, I updated Windows 11 to 23H2 and that seems to have done it.

Hope this may shed some light and help others too.

EDIT: Nope! That wasn't it. I'm going to try installing VC_redist.x64 (14.38.33135) now I currently have 14.34.31931

Thanks,
Darryl
So I'm still having random crashes with the RC-Astro tools, even after replacing the tenserflow.dll as well. I'm running PI 1.8.9-2-20240119. I noticed it comes with a newer version of tenserflow, I replaced it with the older version and it seems a bit more stable. Meaning...

The first time I open PI and try to run one of the RC-Astro tools it'll crash , rebooting my system, after that I seem to be able to run them OK, but if I check for updates without rebooting, the tools will crash the system again.

I don't really know that one thing has anything to do with the other, it's just what I've noticed.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Darryl

Sorry to resuscitate this thread, but I've had so little (ie none) data to work on thanks to the weather, I've not had the issues.
Just tried to use Star XT and it works, but takes 26 minutes to execute, which is unreasonably long.
I'm in touch with RC Astro who have asked about Nvidia settings and corrected a lower case I in a GPU entry, but to no avail.
I'm on Windows 10 and cannot upgrade as the Deel Inspiron isn't up for it, apparently.
Any ideas gratefully received.
Keith

Sorry to resuscitate this thread, but I've had so little (ie none) data to work on thanks to the weather, I've not had the issues.
Just tried to use Star XT and it works, but takes 26 minutes to execute, which is unreasonably long.
I'm in touch with RC Astro who have asked about Nvidia settings and corrected a lower case I in a GPU entry, but to no avail.
I'm on Windows 10 and cannot upgrade as the Deel Inspiron isn't up for it, apparently.
Any ideas gratefully received.
Keith
Have you tried the RC process that installs the CUDA system automatically?

Sorry, but this is not a PixInsight problem. You really need to sort it out with RC Astro.
Yes and no. It's not a "problem" with PI, but questions about getting CUDA to work properly in support of third-party plugins certainly seem appropriate to this part of the forum.

Back