Star Add-0ns

Rbell4

Good Sunday Morning,

I was wondering if there is an Add-on for PI, for creating those nice star points to enhance my images. I used to use PS for this, but since having PI never use it any longer. :giggle:

Thanks,

Rod

Funny... lol
But it is possible to do it easily in Pixinsight, even with photometricaly colored synthetic stars.
Just create star chart (there is a script for this) and you even can create colored one (by selecting photometric filters of catalog then generate 3 charts you will assemble in RGB.
You have plate solved your original image, so you can remove stars (starnett, starXterminator) you can blend your synthetic chart on it.

But... you can do a lot of things with PI, some, like this, are subject to discussion. :eek:)

T
Funny... lol
But it is possible to do it easily in Pixinsight, even with photometricaly colored synthetic stars.
Just create star chart (there is a script for this) and you even can create colored one (by selecting photometric filters of catalog then generate 3 charts you will assemble in RGB.
You have plate solved your original image, so you can remove stars (starnett, starXterminator) you can blend your synthetic chart on it.

But... you can do a lot of things with PI, some, like this, are subject to discussion. :eek:)
Thank you, just wondering...It would be like using generic parts to rebuild an old classic car, hehe

Rod

Back