SPCC does not work

Ojo de Aguila

SPCC does not work. I get the massage Database files... see here.
SPCC.PNG

What can i do?

Good seeing
regards
Günther

You need to download the GAIA DR3/SP database files (from the software downloads interface), and configure them in the GAIA database process.

Sie müssen die GAIA DR3/SP-Datenbankdateien (von der Software-Download-Schnittstelle) herunterladen und im GAIA-Datenbankprozess konfigurieren.
Danken
You need to download the GAIA DR3/SP database files (from the software downloads interface), and configure them in the GAIA database process.
Hi fredvanner,
Thanks vor the fast answer.
But when I hear downloading, I already get nervous. I am unfortunately a beginner when it comes to software. Is there a more detailed description of how to do this?

Good seeing
Greetings
Günther

Thanks I've seen it, but for the compleate set I'vn't enog space.
I've also an issue withe the PCC, see here.

Attachments

• only 0 samples.PNG
    only 0 samples.PNG
    938.7 KB · Views: 51
The GAIA files are not necessarily required to save to the Pixinsight folder. I have these on a second M2-SSD in my system and configured the location in the GAIA process.
The advantage is, these files survive a de-installation of Pixinsight if a new version comes out which requires to uninstall Pixinsight.

Cheers
Tom

I would advise never to store anything other than the installed PixInsight system in the PixInsight folder. Downloaded databases; 3rd party scripts; saved icons and projects; images; these should all be saved in folders outside the PixInsight folder. This way you don't accidentally lose stuff when you install a PixInsight update.

Hello Star friends thanks all for your answers.
But that mikes me crazy.
This night I installed the complete set. Just in the download folder, not in Pixinsight folder. In the morning SPCC worked. Then I had to go to work and forgot to save the project. Tonight after work, I started SPCC again and it doesn't work again. It comes up with the message, no stars found.
Complete set.
Gaia DR3-SP.PNG

Image solver without error.
Image Solver.PNG

No stars found
No star found.PNG

Good seeing
regards
Günther

Hello star friends.

I've again an issue with SPCC.
I did Imagesolving before and it worked. I not got any error massage. But afterwards, when I run SPCC it does not work, I get an error message.
No stars found.PNG

Please, have someone an idea, what it could be?

Good Seeing
Günther

Thanks Chris.

But I don't understand exactly. How can I do this?

Regards
Günther
If you don't have one already, you need to create an account with a cloud storage service. If you have a gmail address, you already have access to Google Drive (free for a few GB). Dropbox is also free up to a few GB. You upload your XISF file to the cloud account, and then you can share it, which will provide a link you can give us here.

But I don't understand exactly. How can I do this?
Use a web hosting application such as Google Drive; DropBox; Microsoft OneDrive to upload an image to the web server; request a shareble link to the image (which is in the form of a short text link), and post the link on this forum so we can access the image.

If you don't have one already, you need to create an account with a cloud storage service. If you have a gmail address, you already have access to Google Drive (free for a few GB). Dropbox is also free up to a few GB. You upload your XISF file to the cloud account, and then you can share it, which will provide a link you can give us here.
Sorry, there was a completely misunderstanding from my site. I was thinking I have to activate o change some parameter in PixInsight. Now I understand, and here the link.

Regards
Günther

Use a web hosting application such as Google Drive; DropBox; Microsoft OneDrive to upload an image to the web server; request a shareble link to the image (which is in the form of a short text link), and post the link on this forum so we can access the image.
Sorry, there was a completely misunderstanding from my site. I was thinking I have to activate o change some parameter in PixInsight. Now I understand, and here the link.
Regards
Günther

I'm not quite sure what the uploaded file is, but it is a processed .bmp annotated with lots of small crosses. We need to see the file that SPCC was failing on (which I would expect to be a linear, unedited .xisf output from integration).

Regards
Günther
It really needs to be the XISF file produced by the PI preprocessing. I would not expect SPCC to work on a BMP file!

I would not expect SPCC to work on a BMP file!
Indeed, with the annotation masking the (already stretched) stars it would be surprising if it did not fail!
Since .bmp is often uncompressed, there is no reason why SPCC should fail on a file originating from an uncompressed .bmp; however .bmp has no way of holding an astrometric solution, so it would have to be converted to some other format first.

Back