solved ScreenStars script signature verification failure.

MrBee@101

Hello @Mike1485,

I receive the following error when executing the ScreenStars script (PixInsight Core 1.8.9-2 Ripley (x64) (build 1604 | 2024-03-20) Windows 10):
:
Processing script file: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/ScreenStars/ScreenStars.js

*** Error: Signature verification failed for 'ScreenStars': Invalid code signature: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/ScreenStars/ScreenStars.js

Regards,

MrBee@101

This suggests that the downloaded signature for the script is corrupted. The best thing to do is to reload the script, but a short-term fix would be to delete the "ScreenStars.xsgn" file in the /scripts/ScrenStars/ folder.

This suggests that the downloaded signature for the script is corrupted. The best thing to do is to reload the script, but a short-term fix would be to delete the "ScreenStars.xsgn" file in the /scripts/ScrenStars/ folder.
Thank you, I tried renaming the ScreenStars.xsgn to ScreenStars.xsgn.old and rerun the script. However, I then received this error:
run --execute-mode=auto "C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/ScreenStars/ScreenStars.js"

Processing script file: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/ScreenStars/ScreenStars.js
*** Error [000]: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/ScreenStars/lib/ScreenStarsDialog.js, line 520: Error: Edit.Set(): invalid argument type: String expected.

I subsequently forced a reload of the script as you suggested, which created a new .xsgn file, the script now runs successfully.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

MrBee@101

Back