Question on Creating Masks

Farzad_k

Hi,

I am following the tutorial by Kayron on the Andromeda Galaxy processing (http://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorial-example-m31-andromeda-galaxy---dslr.html) and I am stuck where the mask is created. When I drag and drop the New Instance button of the STF onto the bottom bar of the HistogramTransofrmation the steep line that the tutorial says does not get created int he histogram and instead I just get a common curve. The program is not accepting the resulting permanently stretched Lightness image as compatible for masking. I think I am missing a step. Anyone knows what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Most likely, things are happening correctly - they just look different then you expect.  When you say, "I just get a common curve", are you referring to the top graph in the Hist. Trans. window?  A normal looking curve would be expected there because that is what the result will look like.  Do this:
Select your linear image so that the top bar is blue. 
Hit the 'auto-stretch' button on the STF process window
Drag the triangle icon from the STF window onto the bottom bar of Hist. Trans.
Now drag the triangle from Hist Trans onto your image - don't worry about what the graphs in Hist Trans look like.
Your image should now be totally white (more or less).
Hit the reset button (the one on the bottom all the way to the right) on the STF process and your image should now be non-linear and look the same as if auto-stretched. 

Let us know if that works
Mike

Back