Problems installing a script

Jameedon

I'm trying to install the script DNALinear Fit by copying the files to PI's script folder and then opening PI and clicking Add in Feature Scripts and selecting the script folder.  But then I get a message that says:

"0 additional script(s) were found on directory:
C:\Program Files\PixInsight\src\scripts
(recursive search)"

The files for the DNALinear Fit script are in that folder though.  After that message pops up for a couple seconds, PI begins to search the same scripts folder again and it doesn't ever stop searching until I click cancel.  David Ault was able to repeat the search bar that doesn't stop and said that it was a bug.

So how can I get the DNA script to install into PI?  The version of PI I have is 01.08.04.1195 and the DNA script is version 0.4 and I'm using a Windows 7 PC.

There should only be one file named 'dnaLinearFit.js' . When following Davids instructions I could not do as the webpage instructed with my browser(chrome). I could not do a 'save as' like instructed only a 'save link as' which is not the same. I had to click on the link and then download the script. After downloading I was able to install the script without any problems. I'm also running Windows 7.

Mike

I'm using Chrome as well.  I had the 'save as' option when I right clicked on the script but my computer wouldn't let me save it directly into the ...src/scripts folder, so I saved it into my documents folder and then copied and pasted it into the scripts folder.  What happens when I 'save as' is I get a folder named 'dnaLinearFit.js - Google Drive_files' and that folder contains 16 files which total 1.43 MB.  But also another separate file named 'dnaLinearFit.js - Google Drive' follows that folder when I paste it in the scripts folder, and that is just a single Chrome HTML Document file weighing in at 164 KB.

Does any of this sound similar to what happens for you?

I didn't have any of that happen but as I said before the file that you need is dnaLinearFit.js , just that file and nothing else. That file is 21kb in size.

Mike

I got it to work.  I had to download the script, not by right clicking and save as, but by clicking on the arrow pointing down link in the top right of the screen.  That downloads a single JavaScript file, whereas doing a right click save as downloads a folder full of files.  I guess that's what you were trying to tell me by click on the link.  Thank you.

Back