PixelMath Bug new release 1.08.05 in Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5

Barry-Wilson

I updated to the new release today - great new features.

When using PixelMath I have been experiencing 'unexpected terminations' and also the error message attached.  The termination of PI or the error message happen after completing formula in the expressions section and then clicking anywhere else in PixelMath or outside onto the desktop.  Clicking 'OK' to the error message allows you to carry on and use PixelMath  :D.

Thanks.

Barry

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 22.25.01.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 22.25.01.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 52
Hi Rob

No it isn't.

I was wondering whether I should disable my Avast anti-virus and try reinstalling?

Another couple of oddities -

1. When I create a clone, it places the clone way off, almost halfway off the PI desktop
2. When applying a mask, I can no longer drag and drop it onto the lefthand bar of the image window.  I can only apply the mask by right clicking and selecting the Mask context menu.

Thanks for your help.

perhaps - i don't use any 3rd party antivirus. i beta tested this version on OS X 10.11.6 with no issues like this in the release candidate. i did have some problems early on but juan fixed the bugs.

#1 and #2 are related to Qt bugs that juan had to work around. one thing to try is picking up some process icons in the middle of the icon. you'll see the icon snap over so that the cursor is over the left edge. that's part of the workaround... if you grab the icon on that left edge, it won't snap. similarly when you drag and release a mask tab, try grabbing it from the extreme top left edge. i think the problem is that if you don't do this, the actual "target" of the mouse is not underneath the mouse pointer.

rob

I can also confirm this issue with Pixelmath - it just crashed the program... and I lost my entire project.... :(
Mac, El Capitan 10.11.6, Macbook Pro 2012 (non-retina)

For me, I got a similar error message as above a few times and then it just crashed. It always seemed to happen when exiting the Expressions editor. 

Mike

Please note that this bug is now fixed. I have released an update for all platforms a couple hours ago. See the original report on the Bug Reports board:

https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=11320.0

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you so much for your patience.

Juan Conejero said:
Please note that this bug is now fixed. I have released an update for all platforms a couple hours ago. See the original report on the Bug Reports board:

https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=11320.0

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you so much for your patience.

Thank you Juan.

Back