PI always active in KDE Plasma taskbar

stax

Hi,

As said in the subject, the consequence is that the taskbar never autohides which is very ennoying since it eats part of the screen.

Haven't find anything related in the system configuration panel nor in the PI configuration.

Thank you for any help and sorry for my poor English.

I had a very similar issue that I have not resolved either. My task bar will autohide with processes but for things like WBPP or editing preferences it keeps the taskbar active as you say. I have not carried out any detailed testing of what does or doesn't do this by the way, just to say I see the same "issue". Using an external monitor gets me around the problem in as much as I can now see all of the window....

It does, thanks.

Unfortunately, your workaround is not possible for me, since I mostly use PI on a laptop.

Anyway, thanks for your answer.

Understood. Mine is dual boot so if I am away from the external monitor I can use the Windows version which, while it is noticeably slower, it does manage the screen as you'd expect.

I guess the answer may be here. This lists about 250 variant Linux distributions. Pixinsight is tested agains a single selected "standard" distribution, but it is simply impossible to track and support distribution-specific issues (e.g. desktop-specific issues) on all Linux distributions...
... however, KDE Plasma is the current standard desktop, so it would be interesting to know if this issue can be reproduced.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer.
I thought I would be posting here because I am under KDE/Plasma with Debian (from which Kunbuntu is derived) Bullseye, so it's seems relevant.
Pixinsight is the only application which shows this rather annoying behavior. And I can't think of any particular customization of my system which could lead to this.
I will try to install PI in a kunbuntu virtual installation to see if it also happens.

Best

I run the recommended version of Kubuntu and have these issues. Last time I asked about it (see below) I think the concensus was it was machine related but I guess given other folk are seeing the same/similar issues it may not be....

Back