Photometric Color Calibration resulting in pink/purple stars

I would be more concerned about the fact that the URL shown here is not under the ".com" top level domain, but the ".ar" top level domain. When I do a DNS data lookup on "pixinsight.com.ar", there is nothing there to indicate that it belongs to anyone at PixInsight.

The website is ours, @Alejandro Tombolini and mine (Enzo De Bernardini). It is not official, but we are good people ?

This is not an official PixInsight subdomain, but it is trustful.
Perhaps, but after spending as many years as I have working with internet security, I find it to be a red flag whenever someone creates a domain where the prefix is the entirety of someone else's domain. It's a common phishing tactic.

Hello! sorry to up this post but I have the same problem and I cannot fix it using HSV repair or lowering the Saturation threshold,
With HSV after channel combination still pink, and if I set a lower threshold same, still the pink core

Its a DSLR image stacked with WBPP with this pure raw settings that creates this greenish linear image, and when I apply this setting of PCC, makes the pink cores and generate this WB graph, and the statistics after PCC ends like that, with the channels not normalized (before PCC all channels was normalized with 1) (see pics below)

This is the link of the master light

1648557324892.png1648557397728.png1648557471852.png1648557513431.png1648557548718.png1648557615692.png

Hello! sorry to up this post but I have the same problem and I cannot fix it using HSV repair or lowering the Saturation threshold,
With HSV after channel combination still pink, and if I set a lower threshold same, still the pink core

This is completely expected and normal.
At the beginning you have a greenish image: this is mainly due to the combined effect of the higher quantum efficiency of the sensor in the green channel and the brighter background in green caused by light pollution.

PCC, therefore, performs a linear transformation that "lowers" the green channel to match red and blue, but this produces a lack of green in saturated areas and, therefore, a magenta cast.

Solving this problem is quite easy: use HistogramTransformation and lower only the highlights slightly below the green saturation level.

This will make all the saturates areas pure white.

The cost of this transformation is a slight data clipping in red and blue channels in the highlight, but consider that this clipping will occur mostly inside the green-saturate areas so in image areas with invalid data.

This transformation is linear, so it will preserve color calibration and image linearity

Desktop.jpg

Desktop1.jpg

Last edited:
Back