PCC Errors - Will Not Plate Solve

reggiej42

I'm getting the following error when using PCC to process an image. Tried changing the limiting star magnitude but still get the error. Tried using the ImageSolver script but it could not Plate Solve the image either.

Suggestions?

Reference image: PCC_B_FOVCNGK7ETGA

Star search aperture: 6.06 pixels

1 view(s)

0 star(s)

0 PSF fittings

*** Error: Failure to process image file '/var/folders/77/yfgx2cv943x2gdzbhpjzk2hr0000gn/T/PCC_B_FOVCNGK7ETGA.xisf': Could not locate any stars in the image

Photometry process finished:

0 of 3 images processed successfully.

3 images with errors.

3 errors and warnings.

*** Error: Failure to calculate photometry: Image17

Reading swap files...

3946.977 MiB/s

<* failed *>

I knew I'd forgotten to add something...

Attachments

• M94_RGBNL.jpg
    M94_RGBNL.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 71
So a jpg is is not the best format to use here. However, I took a stab at your plate scale and PCC did manage to plate solve the image. It used 39 psf images in doing this. However, it couldn't find stars to do the colour calibration. I don't understand why. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I also tried the image solver script and this worked fine--as expected because PCC uses this script.

Attachments

• Image12.jpg
    Image12.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Thanks Geoff. jpeg was the only format I could post here. Would not let me attach the xisf file. I'll wait and see if anyone else has ideas.

Had a similar problem, PCC failed, script: Imagesolver worked.
However I had taken my image using a Piggyback telescope so the RA & DEC were set to 0 in the file header. I got them separately vis ASTAP and entered them in PCC, however I think it ignored these values in favour of the header data.
When I ticked the box "Force Plate Solving" in the PCC "plate solving parameters" section it all worked. I can only assume that PCC uses the file header information by default.

Back