New book "Mastering PixInsight" by RBA

The note is still there:

PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY!

Mastering PixInsight has been rescheduled for delivery of the digital copy by the end of March 2020. As an advance, any orders received between now and the release date will receive the "Reference Guide" part of the book in digital format - this is regardless of whether you order the physical book or the digital copy.

It is interesting to note that if you go to the RBA website, the part about the book electronically delivered by the end of March has disappeared.
No, that part's still there. Copy/Paste
"Mastering PixInsight has been rescheduled for delivery of the digital copy by the end of March 2020. As an advance, any orders received between now and the release date will receive the "Reference Guide" part of the book in digital format - this is regardless of whether you order the physical book or the digital copy."
But I'm afraid, at this rate, he's going to end up bringing out both versions at once... Ainssssss....

No, that part's still there. Copy/Paste
"Mastering PixInsight has been rescheduled for delivery of the digital copy by the end of March 2020. As an advance, any orders received between now and the release date will receive the "Reference Guide" part of the book in digital format - this is regardless of whether you order the physical book or the digital copy."
But I'm afraid, at this rate, he's going to end up bringing out both versions at once... Ainssssss....
Apologies.

Hi! Is anyone receiving the link?
Just to be sure this is in motion.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I can confirm that the product is real :)
I just received my download link and had a quick run through the book. Impressive!

Last edited:
Hello,

Sorry I haven't been following this thread as often as I should have! I completely missed the messages wondering if this was coming out. Apologies!

So, yes. The digital copy has been released! The digital version was distributed earlier this week to all preorders and now we're attending new orders as they arrive.

I think the book turned out great, but of course, you should listen to what others say, not me. In the end, I decided to divide the book in two different parts:

• The main book, focused on introducing PixInsight, PixInsight's UI, using the many features of the program, applying processing workflows, techniques, special cases and a long etc. It starts early and slow (at installing the software no less), but by chapter 3 is already full steam ahead. This is over 400 pages with over 200 illustrations, screen shots, etc.

• The Reference Guide. Over 250 pages explaining each and every process available today in PixInsight (except the INDI modules), what do they do, when to use them, why, and a detailed explanation of every single parameter.
So far the feedback has been amazing. I'd rather let others point out the good and bad, though.

PS: if you received an early copy, please note that many typos have been corrected (no factual changes, just typos) and we've added links to the TOC and other parts in the book - an update will be sent later this week. Thanks!!

PS2: If you pre-ordered the book and have not received any email from me, contact me via PM or email. I know some people got the email notification blocked by their provider's spam filter :-(

RBA

Probably two. Often in the main book you suggest referring to the reference guide. I think having two books open would be better than flipping back and forth in one book.

Then I have good news! I, like you, felt the book would be more useful as two different volumes. Since it was a decision made after pricing the book, it's costing me a good chunk of the tiny margins each unit sold gives, but I think people will appreciate it. It was going to be a surprise but you asked, so now it's official ;) (no worries, it's probably a good thing!)

Back