Mixing Calibrated Files of Different Settings

Farzad_k

Hello,

If I have a bunch of shots from an object and they are with different expsoure and ISO settings, is there a way to combine that data after each set has been calibrated, debeyered and registered independently perhaps in post-processing?

Thanks

Farzad_k said:
If I have a bunch of shots from an object and they are with different expsoure and ISO settings, is there a way to combine that data after each set has been calibrated, debeyered and registered independently perhaps in post-processing?

You might find that combining them all with ImageIntegration using the default noise weighting works OK.  It's worth trying, at least.  Integration already deals with significant variation in signal between subs due to atmospheric conditions, gradients, etc.  So long as you feed it subs that don't vary too dramatically it should do OK.  May sure you pick one of the best subs as the reference for the integration (the first file in the list, use the Set Reference button to pick a different one.)

Yes, definitely will try it. I think I might be able to stretch the integrated image farther that way.

...or maybe it is the HDRComposition that I need to use after integrating each set into one final file.

Farzad_k said:
...or maybe it is the HDRComposition that I need to use after integrating each set into one final file.

To use HDRComposition you need to integrate batches of files with similar exposure times, e.g. an integration of subs with very short exposures and an integration of subs with long exposures.

Yes, and that is exactly what I have - several batches of a target with different exposure settings.

Farzad_k said:
Yes, and that is exactly what I have - several batches of a target with different exposure settings.

Then create an integration for each exposure time and combine with HDRComposition if you're trying to increase dynamic range.

Back