not a bug LocalHistogramEqualization problem

Anders Hjelset

The LocHistEqual process doesn't do what its preview shows me, espacially when trying to do low-impact changes. Is there a setting somewhere I have missed, or is it merely a bug..?
Thanks for any hints..
🙂

This is a limitation of the Real-time Preview. In order to keep updates quick/real-time the RTP works on a representation of your image rather than the actual image. In most cases this gives a reasonable reflection of the final result but sometimes it does not. LHE is one of the processes that can be quite significantly affected by this - if you think what the process is doing, ie equalisation of the histogram in the immediate vicinity of each pixel, it is not that surprising the RTP sometimes does not provide a good representation of the output. I would suggest creating a preview on your image and running LHE on the preview - this works with actual pixel values so does not suffer the same issues as RTP. It is a little more inconvenient as you actually have to apply the process to the preview rather than have the automatic update but it will get over the issue you have raised.

I hope this helps.
CS, Mike

Thanks Mike, then I know.
I'm already applying LHE directly to the image, back the process if the result is not good, re-apply it a.s.o.
No big deal, just wondered if there was a setting I had missed..

Back