Image Solver failing: StarAlignment.sensitivity(): numeric value out of range: -1

jamiesmithnc

Hi folks -

Image solver is failing for me. I'm on PI 1.8.9-2 build 1588, have applied all updates, and have clicked the "reset to factory default settings" on the image plate solver several times, and have even restarted PI as well

Ultimately it's failing with StarAlignment.sensitivity(): numeric value out of range: -1

I've got the Gaia DR3/SP database loaded
1712760303302.jpeg

Selected the object (M51) in the search:
1712760372502.jpeg

and I'm using all of the default values after selecting M51:
1712761338935.jpeg

It's even failing on a single sub (see this FITS on dropbox).

Any idea what I might have messed up to break it? I don't see anything in there that's mentioning sensitivity. I've seen a couple of threads with a similar error but none seemed to show how they fixed it.

Thanks,
-jamie

Edit: Attached the relevant log entries from the console

Attachments

• ImageSolverLogs.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Are you runnung StarAlignment from the process menu, or from a process icon? The range of permitted values for the Sensitivity parameter changed some time ago; if you are using an out-of-date saved process icon you could get this error.

Hi folks -

Image solver is failing for me. I'm on PI 1.8.9-2 build 1588, have applied all updates, and have clicked the "reset to factory default settings" on the image plate solver several times, and have even restarted PI as well

Ultimately it's failing with StarAlignment.sensitivity(): numeric value out of range: -1

I've got the Gaia DR3/SP database loaded
View attachment 22761

Selected the object (M51) in the search:
View attachment 22762

and I'm using all of the default values after selecting M51:
View attachment 22765
It's even failing on a single sub (see this FITS on dropbox).

Any idea what I might have messed up to break it? I don't see anything in there that's mentioning sensitivity. I've seen a couple of threads with a similar error but none seemed to show how they fixed it.

Thanks,
-jamie

Edit: Attached the relevant log entries from the console
Your FITS image solves just fine for me with the default settings. ImageSolver doesn't use the DR3/SP files, it uses the DR3 files. Are you sure you have those configured properly?

I've tried both, and have reset defaults.
Strangely, when I create a new process icon from the window, then look at the params it does show:

["solver_sensitivity", "-1"]

But I did find where I can set in the UI: which shows zero (even though the properties show -1):
1712761798782.png

Changing the sensitivity in that dialog higher, then back to zero, fixes it, so it appears that there's a disconnect between the properties and the dialog.

I'm guessing that, at some point, I executed the old process icon in the global context to get the dialog up, and that borked everything (but the disconnect between the property & the UI hid it)

Thanks!

Back