Iconize screen redraw problem on a Mac

Cleon_Wells

After I Iconize an image and mouse over the icon and then move the mouse off the icon preview, I am left with this. I have to restart PI to fix this problem.

Attachments

• Iconize problem.jpg
    Iconize problem.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 54
i get this too, seems to happen a lot when you hover the mouse over the workspace icons and it generates a preview. when you hover away, a white square is left in the place of the preview. that white square will not go away. usually this means that in 15-20 minutes pixinsight is going to coredump.

I do notice that this problem does not seem to happen if I keep the Iconize icon away from the upper part of the screen. I guess I'll image minimize using shade/unshade which does not have a related preview image.

I should have said I  notice that this problem  seem to happen (less frequently) if I keep the Iconize icon away from the upper part of the screen. I guess I'll image minimize using shade/unshade which does not have a related preview image.

Hi Rob and Cleon,

Yes, I've seen this problem a few times. In my Mac this only happens seldomly and only with the 64-bit version of PixInsight for Mac OS X. I've never seen this problem with the 32-bit version ?and it should never happen in the 32-bit application.

Are you using the 64-bit version? If so, remember that the 64-bit version of PixInsight for Mac OS X is still experimental. It has some GUI glitches and problems and this is one of them. I'll try to fix this particularly nasty problem as soon as possible.

yeah that's true, i'm running 64-bit PI. i guess i knew about the UI weirdness, but i suppose i didnt expect it to be so crashy. i guess i'll use the 64-bit version to stack and go back to 32-bits for everything else until this is sorted out.

Back