GeneralisedHyperbolicStretch Process Module

The version you have under Processes is version 3 not version 1. They look similar because version 1 did not have a real-time preview while version 3 uses the native PixInsight RTP. The process version is the one I would recommend you use. It is true that many of the YouTube tutorials reference the script version 2. Many of the concepts are the same. If you want a version 3 walk through video you could do worse that use Adam Block's which you can find on our GHS website here. There is also comprehensive written documentation available which you can access using the documentation tool button at the bottom right of the process interface.
CS, Mike
Got it -but now my problem is that NOTHING shows up under scripts and in processes, I still have the "old" version and want the "new" one with the preview. I tried following the previous thread on this but I messed something up.... that's what I need help with

Got it -but now my problem is that NOTHING shows up under scripts and in processes, I still have the "old" version and want the "new" one with the preview. I tried following the previous thread on this but I messed something up.... that's what I need help with
I perhaps didn't make myself clear! Version 1 was a script not a process. What you have under the process menu is version 3 - ie the latest version of GHS. This uses the native PixInsight realtime preview just like other PI processes that link into the real-time preview. Follow the link to Adam's video to get an introduction to how this is used.

To get the version 2 script back into the scripts menu you could try using the Feature Scripts facility on the Scripts menu. Alternatively you can use the Reset Updates facility to clean down all updates and then use Check for Updates to reinstall everything.

But you are unlikely to need the script version 2 if you have the process available.

Thanks Mike -I"m sorry I'm such a tech idiot. So the file that says "js" at the end I'm guessing in the script? I guess I only need the PROCESS for GHS. How can I be sure it's the "new" version - I downloaded the most recent one from Git Hub (the top one) - is there a way to tell when I open the process what version it is? I will try to resent updates but it sounds like "missing" the script doesn't matter. I'm not sure I understand the difference between a script and a process in PI yet, hence my dumb questions. Thanks so much. I just never saw it do an update even when I pointed to ghastro

Scripts have the .js extension and the files you can download from the GitHub repository relate to the script. The process lives in the PixInsight bin folder/directory. If you launch GHS from the process menu does it launch OK? It is likely it is the latest version but you can check by going to Manage Modules in the Process menu, search for GeneralisedHyperbolicStretch and check the version is 3.0.4.

I have the .js extension in the scrps folder but when I tired to add using "feature scripts" and point to it, it didn't show up for some reason. should it be in another place (like on my desktop?). this is what I have on processes:
1703806919130.png

last question for now (I promise!) - before I try this(Alternatively you can use the Reset Updates facility to clean down all updates and then use Check for Updates to reinstall everything) I just want to make sure that reset updates won't somehow erase all my updates - it doesn't delete anything? then when I use "check for updates" they will all magically come back? Thanks!

last question for now (I promise!) - before I try this(Alternatively you can use the Reset Updates facility to clean down all updates and then use Check for Updates to reinstall everything) I just want to make sure that reset updates won't somehow erase all my updates - it doesn't delete anything? then when I use "check for updates" they will all magically come back? Thanks!
Reset Updates will not remove any installed updates, rather it will cause PixInsight to "forget" what updates have been installed. So, when you then Check for Updates you will be presented with all available updates, including official PixInsight ones, available from the repositories listed in your update repository list.

YOu are the best! It took 2 restarts but now I see the script ANd the process module - -a miracle!!!!! Thank you Mike!!!!!

Hello, I have followed the recipe to download from https://www.ghsastro.co.uk/updates on Windows 10 Pro 22H2 with Pixinsight 1.8.9-2 Build 1573. It does not appear in my menu. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? Thanks ever so.
As a first step I suggest you update to the latest PI build (1596) just released. If the ghsastro repository is in your repository list then PI should download GHS once you have completed the installation and hopefully all will be well.
CS, Mike

As a first step I suggest you update to the latest PI build (1596) just released. If the ghsastro repository is in your repository list then PI should download GHS once you have completed the installation and hopefully all will be well.
CS, Mike
Thank you, Mike. That worked. Regards, Jane.

Dear Mike,

I'd like to mention a longstanding bug, at least in the PI plugin implementation of GHS on Linux. If I open the GHS process window, close it after using it and try to open it again during the same PI session either nothing happens or it reopens after a very long delay (something like 10 minutes or more...).

Thanks for your help,

Dan

Thanks Mike. I use Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS.

best regards,

Dan
Ok - thanks Dan. I am travelling at the moment and my Linux machine is at home so it will be a little while before I can look at this but will do so when I can. In the meantime, if anyone else is experiencing this same issue it would be good to know.

I just upgraded to the latest PI related today (1.8.9-2 Ripley (x64) (build 1605 | 2024-03-23)). I can't connect to https://www.ghsastro.co.uk with my browser and the PI update process can't reach the updates URL on that server. Is anyone else having a problem reaching the www.ghsastro.co.uk server?
Everything looks OK. Please keep trying, it is busy at the moment due to the 1605 release but you should get through.

Back