FITS unable to open on new macbook

bfalls

*** Error: PCL Legacy FITS Format Support: Unable to open FITS file: /Users/brayfalls/Desktop/Dropbox (SRO Astrophotography)/SRO Astrophotography/M57 SROVAP June 2021/Blue.06196.fit

CFITSIO error message stack:

01 : failed to find or open the following file: (ffopen)

02 : /Users/brayfalls/Desktop/Dropbox (SRO Astrophotography)/SRO Astrophotography/M57

03 : SROVAP June 2021/Blue.06196.fit

*** Unable to open file: /Users/brayfalls/Desktop/Dropbox (SRO Astrophotography)/SRO Astrophotography/M57 SROVAP June 2021/Blue.06196.fit

<* failed *>

This is on an M1 chip macbook pro 13 inch I just bought, the fits are not corrupted at all (just opened them on my PC). Any idea whats going on here?

Try copying the file from the Dropbox directory to your desktop first and test to see if PixInsight can open the file from there.
If that still fails try renaming the file after copying to your desktop and see if it opens after renaming.

If the file still refuses to open please provide a shareable link to a copy of the file so that Juan can test it (although the last I heard he did not have an M1 Mac available for development and testing, that may have changed by now).

Back