ffmpeg - movies

Jules

Hi

I have recently seen an interesting object appear when I blink my recent images (not the target subject). I have been trying to make a movie from blink but I keep getting the error:

*** Failed to execute external process: Failed to start

Does this mean blink is looking for a program called ffmpeg, if I downloaded the program from the web, where would I need to install it.

Once I have made the movie I will post it as I am not sure what the object is. Its is moving relative to the other bright objects, I am convinced its not man made, perhaps an asteroid?

Thanks

Julian

I have this same problem.

I have this same problem. I'm running on MacOS X.

I have ffmpeg installed. If I run the same argument from the command line in a terminal window, it runs. If I use it in Blink, it comes au with the error message that the process failed to start.

I have tried replacing "ffmpeg" as the "program" with the full path to the executable, but still no joy.

Any help for us Mac users?

thanks,
Richard

rfrancis said:
I have tried replacing "ffmpeg" as the "program" with the full path to the executable, but still no joy.

Problem solved: I was missing one directory name from the full path. Oops!

cheers,
Richard

whatever arguments you want to pass to ffmpeg - video codec, bitrate, frame rate, etc. google "ffmpeg options" and you'll find a bunch of webpages describing how to configure ffmpeg.

rob

Back