Console not rolling out

gottsch

Hi,

Next to my desktop I updated PI install to version 1.8.9-2 Build 1605 on a win10pro laptop. A prev. version of PI was running on the laptop fine. The same version is running on my desktop (win10pro) PC fine.

With install of 1605 completed I launched PI and it looked OK at first but then I noticed that the process console did not roll out.
The tab highlighted in a bright color but it did not roll out. The other tabs roll out their respective windows OK.
I can run any process and it seems to work OK. But never does the process console roll out.
May times I didn't like the process console coming out covering the screen, esp. with scripts. But now I am missing it.
How do I get it back? What's wrong?

ScreenCapture_20240325-213013.jpg

Thanks,
Gert

Possible that you have a second monitor connected or that the Process Console opens in another workspace?

Cheers
Tom

Possible that you have a second monitor connected or that the Process Console opens in another workspace?

Cheers
Tom
The bug happens when there is the external monitor attached to the laptop. The laptop screen is closed.
When only the laptop screen is used (no external monitor is attached and the laptop screen is opened) the bug is fixed.

Best,
Gert

The bug happens when there is the external monitor attached to the laptop. The laptop screen is closed.
When only the laptop screen is used (no external monitor is attached and the laptop screen is opened) the bug is fixed.

Best,
Gert
Well, PI has limited support for multiple monitor setups, which comes with some requirements for which is the primary monitor. I believe the general rule is that the primary monitor is on the left, and the "overflow" monitor on the right. Have you tried playing around with the logical positioning of the monitors?

Well, PI has limited support for multiple monitor setups, which comes with some requirements for which is the primary monitor. I believe the general rule is that the primary monitor is on the left, and the "overflow" monitor on the right. Have you tried playing around with the logical positioning of the monitors?
The laptop screen is not even open. All screen content should be on the attached external monitor.
All OS controls (star menu / tool bar etc) are on external monitor.

Best,
Gert

Yeah, you underestimate the stupidity of Windows.
Check in the display manager which is as your main screen configured and which monitor is correctly identified.
Maybe also rearrange there the setup of the displays.

Cheers
Tom

The laptop screen is not even open. All screen content should be on the attached external monitor.
All OS controls (star menu / tool bar etc) are on external monitor.

Best,
Gert
Well, depending on the system and drivers, a closed laptop screen doesn't necessarily make the system stop functioning as dual monitor.

Well, depending on the system and drivers, a closed laptop screen doesn't necessarily make the system stop functioning as dual monitor.
Oh well. It's the on-the-road-astro-laptop anyways. So good enough for in the field checking out a few exposures on the laptop screen. Having the laptop on my desk and hooked up to the monitor was an outlier event and not normal operation.

Clear Skies,
Gert

Back