Combine Mono and OSC?

arrowspace90

I am currently shooting a familiar target from my home driveway using a ASI2600 Mono cam, RGB.
A couple of months ago, I shot the same target at a Bortle 2 "dark site". That data is pretty good, from a ASI2600MC. Using a RASA 8.
So obvious question, should I be able to, or is it practical to, combine the RGB mono data with the OSC data? To my surprise, no one seems to be doing this although I realize of course that "everyone" is adding Ha data to everything.

Just saw this; hope you found a solution already. If not, there are a couple of ways you can go about it using processes and you can also figure out some PixelMath solutions. I think the process solutions are quicker and easier.

Under ColorSpaces, you will find Channel Extraction, Channel Combination and LRGBCombination. If you use LRGBCombination, you open the process, uncheck the R.G and B boxes, select your L image then drop the NewInstance triangle on the RGB image--done. You probably want to play around with the Lightness and Saturation transfer functions. You can also adjust the channel weights, but I have no experience doing that, just using defaults. Another way of doing this is using ChannelExtraction in the CIE Lab mode: extract the a and b channels from your RGB image and discard the L of this image. Use ChannelCombination in LAB mode and select your mono image as the L layer and the a and b layers from the RGB image and hit Go. Done.

Hope you have already found these or at least one solution.

Back