can't make a mask with latest version of PI

georgian82

Hi all,

After extracting lightness to create a mask, it is almost impossible to simply drag it into the frame of the image you want to work on. When I drag it an drop it right on to of the border of the image, it creates a clone of the lightness instead of a mask. This never happened with the previous version of PI.

Is there another way of creating a mask other than the method I described?

Thanks!

georgian82 said:

Right click on an image: Mask > Select Mask

What platform are you running on?  Seems like the new version of Qt is causing some problems, especially on OSX.

Please see this post for more information:

https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=11292.0

You definitely *can* define masks by dragging view selectors on macOS. Just be patient and get accustomed to the new, somewhat less accurate drag'n drop behavior of the application on macOS. As noted on the post above, this problem is being caused by a serious regression in the macOS version of the main support library used to build PixInsight. I am working on a solution, but this problem is very difficult to solve. I am sorry about this.

I apologize for my prior post.  I didn't realize the OP was working on Mac.  I have a Windows machine. 

RickS said:
georgian82 said:

Right click on an image: Mask > Select Mask

What platform are you running on?  Seems like the new version of Qt is causing some problems, especially on OSX.

Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for. I am running PI on OSX.

Cheers,

Juan Conejero said:
Please see this post for more information:

https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=11292.0

You definitely *can* define masks by dragging view selectors on macOS. Just be patient and get accustomed to the new, somewhat less accurate drag'n drop behavior of the application on macOS. As noted on the post above, this problem is being caused by a serious regression in the macOS version of the main support library used to build PixInsight. I am working on a solution, but this problem is very difficult to solve. I am sorry about this.

Thank you Juan for the reply...I appreciate it and I know that you guys are doing what  you can to solve this problem.

Saludos,

Back