Batch Gray scale conversion

highqe

I have about 250 colour images which I want to convert and save to greyscale.

Placing them in an image container does not seem to work with Process>ColorSpaceConversion>ConvertToGraysacle. (you get a global execution error)

One at a time would be painful.

This has me stumped. Any suggestions?

Hello @highqe

I am not sure what you are doing wrong but It is possible to use the convertToGrayscale process with an Image Container:

1) Create a process icon of the convertToGrayscale process on the Pix desktop. As there is no UI for this process, you can do it using the History Explorer of an image you have previously converted to grayscale

2)Create the ImageContainer with your color images and an output folder and create an instance of it by dragging the blue triangle onto the Pix desktop

3)Drag the convertToGrayscale process icon on the Imagecontainer instance.

The method above includes unnecessary steps, here is a better (shorter) version:

1) Create a process icon of the convertToGrayscale process on the Pix desktop. As there is no UI for this process, you can do it using the History Explorer of an image you have previously converted to grayscale

2)Create the ImageContainer with your color images and an output folder

3)Drag the Image container blue triangle onto the ConvertToGrayscale process icon

The method above includes unnecessary steps, here is a better (shorter) version:

2)Create the ImageContainer with your color images and an output folder

3)Drag the Image container blue triangle onto the ConvertToGrayscale process icon
Eureka! Yes, this works just fine. Getting the processm icon was the key. Thank you!

Back