Batch edit fits headers

If you check "Match name only" it should work fine. It's failing because the DATE-OBS value changes in each file - the tool tip does give a clue but I grant this is less than obvious, furthermore a rather more graceful exit would be more helpful! I do plan to revisit this script sometime soon and will address this then - it has had no attention since I first wrote it.

you mean with the BatchFitsKeywordEdit script? i dunno, maybe @Mike1485 can comment as he wrote the script, i think
you don't have to do it this way, you can just put all your 2022 images in a folder called YEAR_2022 and then give the keyword YEAR to WBPP, probably for preprocessing.

rob
BTW, this totally worked, thanks for the trigger that fixed my confusion on how I was attempting this!

If you check "Match name only" it should work fine. It's failing because the DATE-OBS value changes in each file - the tool tip does give a clue but I grant this is less than obvious, furthermore a rather more graceful exit would be more helpful! I do plan to revisit this script sometime soon and will address this then - it has had no attention since I first wrote it.
Thank you for the explanation, and thanks for the script!

@pfile gave me a better solution to what I was trying to accomplish, but this script may be very helpful to me in the future for different stuff.

-A

I have downloaded the script because I don't know how to get it through the repository. I have watched the video, and I already have the https://pixinsight.com.ar/repository/, and everything is updated. If and when it is installed via the repository where can I expect to see the script?

Thanks

Which script are you referring to (I am not aware of a video referencing the BatchFITSKeywordEdit script)? The latest version of BatchFITSKeywordEdit script can be obtained by adding this repository address to your repository list in Resources>Updates>ManageRepositories: https://www.cosmicphotons.com/pi-scripts/bfke/. Once you have added the repository to Resources>Check for Updates and iy should find the script. Then restart PixInsight to install and you should find it in Script>Utilities.

I have downloaded the script because I don't know how to get it through the repository. I have watched the video, and I already have the https://pixinsight.com.ar/repository/, and everything is updated. If and when it is installed via the repository where can I expect to see the script?

Thanks

The script that was in that repository I think has become obsolete, since it has been improved by other members of the community over time, but I'm not sure which is the latest version. I think we should look at the messages to the past.

(Sometimes I think we need something like a general index of scripts, a place to look for community scripts, many of which are not in repositories, just as links within the forum... :unsure: )

The script in the cosmicphotons repository is the most recent I am aware of. I released it just about a day ago with significant modifications but had not got round to posting a release note yet. The new version - BatchFITSKeywordEdit Version 2.0 - includes some great ideas from forum member @mvrecko to whom I am grateful. I hope people will find it useful but, as ever, I welcome any comments, ideas, bug reports etc.

CS, Mike

The script in the cosmicphotons repository is the most recent I am aware of. I released it just about a day ago with significant modifications but had not got round to posting a release note yet. The new version - BatchFITSKeywordEdit Version 2.0 - includes some great ideas from forum member @mvrecko to whom I am grateful. I hope people will find it useful but, as ever, I welcome any comments, ideas, bug reports etc.

CS, Mike
How do I access cosmicphotons repository?
Thanks a lot.

Back