Annotation Script in 1.08.04.1171

bhwolf

Not sure if this is user error, or best filed in the AnnotateImage thread or bug reports forum.

In 1171 with the 1.8.1 script version, the AnnotateImage script doesn't seem to be drawing some of the objects like it would in PI 1.08.03 1.8 version.  Not sure if anyone else is seeing this -- I can upload the source image if helpful, but here's what I'm seeing:

PI 1.08.04 with 1.8.1 script is annotate1.jpg and PI 1.08.03 with 1.8 script is annotate2.jpg. 

Anyone else having any issues? 

Attachments

• annotate1.jpg
    annotate1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 76
  • annotate2.jpg
    annotate2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 88
Hi, are you sure that you have both versions  configured the same?
Clearly the grid layer is configured differently. You should also check that you have selected the same layers and that the layers are well configured (symbology, filters, magnitudes,...)

Thank you Andres,

I appreciate the reply!  I double checked and they are configured the same (except for the grid scale). I did notice the new version does not have a catalog path for the NGC objects, though that may be intentional.  I haven't copied the scripts yet from the old to the new version of PI, but will try that soon.  In the meantime, here's a link to the fit file:

http://1drv.ms/1J6ltk8

Thanks again for any assistance...
Brian

Hi again Brian,

I haven't removed any catalog from the script. Have you seen the button for adding new layers?

Andr?s.

Sorry, I meant the textbox showing the path the NGC catalog is not there but wasn't sure if that was an intentional change or not.  See screenshots here.

I copied the 1.8 scripts from the previous version of PixInsight over the 1.8.1 version of the scripts in the latest version of PixInsight.  Using the older version of the scripts, everything seems to render fine.  I see the behavior on a few different Windows machines. 

If you are able to test, can you try the FIT I referenced above and see if it works on your end?  I also tried another image, same result... thanks again for looking at it and apologies in advance if this is user error.

Thanks!
Brian

Attachments

• annotate-1.8.png
    annotate-1.8.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 82
  • annotate-1.8.1.png
    annotate-1.8.1.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 83
Hi, I've bumped into the same problem (I'm running on Windows too). Objects from Named stars, Messier and NGC/IC catalogs were not shown. The problem is in catalog loading routine on line 160 of AstronomicalCatalogs.jsh, which is splitting lines from catalog by CRLF while catalog files have LF line endings.

Martin

It seems that GitHub has changed the line endings of the catalog files. I'll fix it but I am currently on vacations and don't have the tools.

Hi Andr?s,

I think I can fix this problem quite easily. If you want, I can release an update with the fixed catalog files.

Back