AngularDistance Script

Super, thank you very much for super fast solution (y)

One small thing, only nitpicking.. but if I place crosshair (Arbitrary Point) exactly in the middle of a single pixel, or say in center of 4 pixels in square,
then the resulting square marking the measure point is not right where crosshair was before.
It is al little bit moved to the bottom right.

One small thing, only nitpicking.. but if I place crosshair (Arbitrary Point) exactly in the middle of a single pixel, or say in center of 4 pixels in square,
then the resulting square marking the measure point is not right where crosshair was before.
It is al little bit moved to the bottom right.

Hmm... It seems to be related to the scroll position. The pixel position error changes depending on where in the image the point is marked. Maybe it's a rounding error. I have to look at it more closely...

Hi Enzo,

sorry .. another remark: If you measure the distance of a number of pixels directly horizontally or vertically, the result should always be the pixel scale determined by the plate solve. Except for a small deviation, this is quite correct.
(Edit: I just realized that this may not be true, but depends on the orientation of the chip relative to the RA/DEC scaling)

If you measure the PA of an exactly vertical column of pixels, you should IMHO get the rotation determined by the plate solve. But this is not the case for me, the difference is about 1 degree (if I take the value from the PI image solver).

Last edited:
Back