1.8.9.2 build 1605 repeatedly crashes on M1Max

is t his it? i'm not a computer person:
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\PixInsight\bin\PixInsight.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\PixInsight\bin\ImageRegistration-pxm.dll
That says that a DLL that is part of PI is what generated the fault. Which is consistent with the problem you're seeing, but doesn't tell us much more. It could be a bug that has been exposed by a peculiar image in your data, or it could be related to something else in your system. I'd lean toward the latter given that it's a new hardware.

Plenty of ways things could go sideways given that you're not running a clean Windows installation. Have you installed or updated PI since the hardware changes? If not, I'd do that. Download the latest version and do a clean install.

Coincidentally, the new PI update had just come out so I did the latest version a few days after the new system was up and running so it uninstalled the "old" and put in the new. Then I recopied the .dll file to keep the CUDA acceleration as I always do. But granted, new update, new computer all at once so hard to trouble shoot. I just don't know what that .dll thing means. I'm trying another object right now in WBPP and will report back.

Okay, now I know something is wrong as I took a simpler object, no filter, and just loaded darks/flats/biases/lights (only 6 hours) - WBPP got right up to registration and just shut the whole program down. This is really frustrating.

Okay, now I know something is wrong as I took a simpler object, no filter, and just loaded darks/flats/biases/lights (only 6 hours) - WBPP got right up to registration and just shut the whole program down. This is really frustrating.
There's not really such a thing as a "simpler object". Images are images. Are you using cosmetic correction in your WBPP process? There should be a WBPP log in the 'logs' folder in your WBPP output path. Zip it and post it here.

it's super long -yes, I was using CC. this is what I have in the folder
1711489635371.png

I really don't think that's the problem though I guess that's possible. What about the file path error? can you tell anything from that?
Offtopic: Personally I think it is not a good idea to "hijack" a topic with a similar problem which started with a MAC and now solve an issue in Windows.
Especially, that you opened a second topic, so now have to jump between 2 topics to gather all the information.
Ontopic: While smaller upgrades, like new GPU, RAM do not justify a new installation of Windows, but upgrading a mainboard and CPU requires a new installation of Windows due changed driver requirements.
This means, Windows still loads your old, outdated drivers, new drivers are also installed and conflict with the previous ones.
You can get away with a new installation when the drivers of the previous machine are removed and replaced with standard drivers before the upgrade, but even that can lead to an instability of the system.

Cheers
Tom

Back