1.8.9.2 build 1605 repeatedly crashes on M1Max

andyc67

Build 1605 consistently crashes during WBPP on my M1Max Mbp with 64Gb of ram running OSX 14.2.1. Anybody else seeing this?

Ok great thanks for checking. I wonder why it crashes on my computer, it's essentially identical to the one you are using. I am running WBPP off of an external hard drive where I keep my data, I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Is there a log that I can refer to when I have a crash?

I use WBPP all the time on my Mac mini M1 using an external drive without any problems.

Does this happen all the time with any set of frames or just a specific one and how many are they, which camera are they from? If you're trying to process 5000 fullframe frames at once, maybe it's too much for the MB, even with 64GB of RAM.

I was processing 87 light frames with the ASI 6200 mono plus 45 flat frames. At the third try WBPP went through without issues.
This is the first time that this happens. I think that without a log it will be impossible to determine what caused the crash.
I also have the ASI461 and I have never had a crash processing the same amount of frames, or even more, with that camera but that was with a previous build.

Build 1605 consistently crashes during WBPP on my M1Max Mbp with 64Gb of ram running OSX 14.2.1. Anybody else seeing this?
I was just going to post - I just upgraded my computer (Windows) and now WBPP crashes right before registration

WBPP starts out fine - it gets up to Local Normalization (or when I didn't check that, registration) and all of a sudden that window closes and the entire PI shuts down. Like super fast.
Upgraded my computer: Kept the hard drives and updated graphics card, then new motherboard, Intel processer (I listed on the other post) 128 of RAM from 64, etc... - my computer guy did it - I'm not a computer person so let me know what other info would be helpful

WBPP starts out fine - it gets up to Local Normalization (or when I didn't check that, registration) and all of a sudden that window closes and the entire PI shuts down. Like super fast.
Upgraded my computer: Kept the hard drives and updated graphics card, then new motherboard, Intel processer (I listed on the other post) 128 of RAM from 64, etc... - my computer guy did it - I'm not a computer person so let me know what other info would be helpful
Oh, and make sure that the motherboard doesn't have overclocking enabled. Seems to be a trend these days with some new motherboards to have that as a default, and there are numerous reports of it crashing PI due to overheating.

here are the notes from the error:
Faulting application name: PixInsight.exe, version: 1.8.9.2, time stamp: 0x65fb42b4
Faulting module name: ImageRegistration-pxm.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65fb2602
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000573c
Faulting process id: 0x0xFC0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA7FAE40A643CB
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\PixInsight\bin\PixInsight.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\PixInsight\bin\ImageRegistration-pxm.dll
Report Id: 99a61db7-1038-4482-b50c-33a9cc0cda22
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

here are the notes from the error:
Faulting application name: PixInsight.exe, version: 1.8.9.2, time stamp: 0x65fb42b4
Faulting module name: ImageRegistration-pxm.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65fb2602
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000573c
Faulting process id: 0x0xFC0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA7FAE40A643CB
Report Id: 99a61db7-1038-4482-b50c-33a9cc0cda22
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
You could try taking the files from your 'cosmetized' folder, which should be the ones that WBPP feeds to StarAlignment, and run them manually through that process and see if it fails. If it does, see if it's related to just one problematic image by reducing and selecting the images you use.

and another error (different dll it looks like?)
Faulting application name: AWCC.exe, version: 5.6.1.0, time stamp: 0x65e1a5da
Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3235, time stamp: 0xb6c4ed60

and another error (different dll it looks like?)
Faulting application name: AWCC.exe, version: 5.6.1.0, time stamp: 0x65e1a5da
Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3235, time stamp: 0xb6c4ed60
AWCC is a Dell service for managing Alienware boxes. From the description of your system, it makes no sense that it's even present. Did you do a clean install of Windows 11 after your hardware upgrades?

AWCC is a Dell service for managing Alienware boxes. From the description of your system, it makes no sense that it's even present. Did you do a clean install of Windows 11 after your hardware upgrades?
yea, my computer guy may have used an Alienware mouse while he was doing the rebuild -- he just deleted that program (uninstalled). that was a different error. As for Windows, he said "we moved the SSD to the new system and updated drivers" if that answers the "new install" question?

You could try taking the files from your 'cosmetized' folder, which should be the ones that WBPP feeds to StarAlignment, and run them manually through that process and see if it fails. If it does, see if it's related to just one problematic image by reducing and selecting the images you use.
that is beyond my knowledge base but I'm going to try another object (Bodes) to see

yea, my computer guy may have used an Alienware mouse while he was doing the rebuild -- he just deleted that program (uninstalled). that was a different error. As for Windows, he said "we moved the SSD to the new system and updated drivers" if that answers the "new install" question?
I would say that there's a high probability that simply moving an old Windows installation to a system with as many changes as you made, especially the motherboard, and simply updating drivers, would result in a low quality, low reliability installation. That may or may not be your problem, but I wouldn't trust a system that had been upgraded in that fashion.

I really don't think that's the problem though I guess that's possible. What about the file path error? can you tell anything from that?

What file path error? I don't see that in the above information.
is t his it? i'm not a computer person:

Back