cannot reproduce [SOLVED] 1.8.9-2 build 1605 on OSX does not load all modules unless --default-modules parameter is passed

schwim

Reference my prior post here in which I describe what I am seeing. I believe this is a bug of some sort.

I recently updated from build 1573 to 1605 on OSX Monterey. Post install and after applying all available updates and restarting, I initially found I could no longer open any representative FITS file from any imaging system I've used in the past 10 years. Rolling back to 1573 brings back expected operation.

The error I received is: "*** Error: Unknown or unsupported file type: /Users/schwim/tmp/dark_001.fits"

Further, in the File->Open dialog, FITS is not listed as a supported file type.

On investigation I noticed that FITS-pxm.dylib is not loading at start, though it does exist in /Applications/PixInsight/bin. Looking deeper, I noticed the following at start:

40 of 40 module(s) installed.

If I run PI from the command line with the '--default-modules' parameter I get something different, and FITS is working again:

55 of 55 module(s) installed.

So it appears that it's not just FITS that is missing on a normal start up.

I can run from the command line for now, and can test any fixes if need be.

Greg

Log file output of the process console and post-update logs for reference attached here.

Attachments

• pi-log.txt
    438.8 KB · Views: 13
Back