1.7 DBE problem

Cleon_Wells

64bit Build 697 on a MacBookPro i7
When I use DBE the control pane moves behind the HST pane when I select the image.  When I execute DBE the resulting image has a blue hue.
Cleon

Attachments

• !_7DBE_problem.jpg
    !_7DBE_problem.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 65
Hi Cleon,

Yes, I am aware of this little problem with window (dis)ordering on the 64-bit Mac OS X version. It will be fixed in the next version.

As for the blue background, I really can't know what's happening if I don't see where you put your DBE samples on the original image. From what I see it doesn't seem you've covered the background well, at least on the left and upper borders of the image, but I can be wrong. Could it be misplaced samples what is yielding that blue cast?

Juan, here?s is another example of DBE and the blue hue issue.
Last night between the Sun setting and the Moon rising, I got 14, iso400 120-sec subs of M51.  The only difference between the first DBE and the second DBE1 is I clicked the Sample# selector twice.
Cleon

Attachments

• DBE_Blue_hue.jpg
    DBE_Blue_hue.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 53
Juan, here's a example with the samples shown, the samples were automatically generated. If I manually add one more sample anywhere in the image the blue hue is removed, this example is with 1.69.
Cleon

Attachments

• DBE_Blue_hue2.jpg
    DBE_Blue_hue2.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 47
So the Blue hue is a fluke I created by not having enough samples of this image for DBE to do its magic. I watched Harry?s video on DBE

http://www.harrysastroshed.com/pix%20videos/new/DBE/DBE.wmv

and can see that 200 plus samples can be used on this image.
I do have some questions on Symmetries, so I?ll start a new thread in PixInsight
Cleon

Attachments

• DBE_200Plus.jpg
    DBE_200Plus.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 39
Back