What to do with my licence now that I quit AP ???

PNaccache

Hi

I was into astrophotography for 7 years. I used PI for ? 5 years. A hard time with it at the beginning but eventually I mastered a few tools.

My health declining, I stopped going out (I was a nomad photographer and temperatures in Quebec are not, usually, what one would call moderate...). And I stopped doing any processing. I sold my equipment. Not a nice experience but the sight of it accumulating dust was bothering me.

Just thought of my PI licence.

I dont care much for what it cost me a few years ago but I would like it to be used by someone. If I can get any money out of that, why not.

I am almost certain, if not certain, that my association to my licence is eternal :) and that there is noting to be done. It will simply sit there, in the ether, and it will gather ether dust until I am gone and survive alone in the ether until mankind manages to kill life on earth.. .

Is this certainty correct ? Is there some alternative path ?

TIA for any answer that carries information or some fun

P.

Quoted from FAQ 2.19:

2.19 Can I sell or transfer my PixInsight license?

Not at all. A PixInsight license is strictly personal and non-transferable. Hence it cannot be sold or transferred. Section 4 of our End User License Agreement states the following:

4. This End User License will be strictly personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive, and does not under any circumstance confer ownership thereof. You may not rent, lease, lend, redistribute, transfer or sublicense the Software or its use.

Hi!

First of all, I wish all the best for your health, which is much more important than everything else.

Since you have succeeded climbing the steep learning curve of astrophotography and have reached at a point of enjoying the fruits of your efforts, I would suggest you to consider subscribing at a remote imaging service. I understand that it is not the same than collecting photons by yourself, but at least you'll have access to instruments and skies you have never dreamed of, from the comfort of your office.

If astrophotography is one of those small pleasures which makes life more tolerable, it definitely worth pursuing it, even in the form of remote imaging. Don't let your PI license collecting dust!

Last edited:
Quoted from FAQ 2.19:

2.19 Can I sell or transfer my PixInsight license?

Not at all. A PixInsight license is strictly personal and non-transferable. Hence it cannot be sold or transferred. Section 4 of our End User License Agreement states the following:

4. This End User License will be strictly personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive, and does not under any circumstance confer ownership thereof. You may not rent, lease, lend, redistribute, transfer or sublicense the Software or its use.
OK. No problem !

I should have checked the end user licence agreement but did not know where to find it
Hi!

First of all, I wish all the best for your health, which is much more important than everything else.

Since you have succeeded climbing the steep learning curve of astrophotography and have reached at a point of enjoying the fruits of your efforts, I would suggest you to consider subscribing at a remote imaging service. I understand that it is not the same than collecting photons by yourself, but at least you'll have access to instruments and skies you have never dreamed of, from the comfort of your office.

If astrophotography is one of those small pleasures which makes life more tolerable, it definitely worth pursuing it, even in the form of remote imaging. Don't let your PI license collecting dust!
Thanks for your wishes. I am staying around for a while but packing/driving/unpacking/setting up/actual photographing/repacking at 4h30 in the morning/ etc is not as easy for me as it used to (especially below 0C)

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll look into it.

I know I did not climb the Everest of PI, but I did reach at least the base camp, all alone, with just internet resources. It was tough at times :))))) What an incredible piece of software!!

Back