SPCC "Couldn't retrieve a valid spectrum wavelength table.

Plumberb

Prior to sometime in March, I was able to use SPCC without issues. Recently it stopped workin, replying it could access the GAIA DR3/SP files. I sorted that out (the GAIA process was set for DR3, NOT DR3/SP. Now, SPCC apparently accesses the files but returns the below message:

Installing Gaia DR3SP database files...
*** Error: Unexpected Gaia DR3 database file; expected a Gaia DR3 file with BP/RP sampled mean spectrum data: C:/Program Files/Star Catalogs/gdr3-1.0.0-01.xpsd
*** Error: Invalid Gaia DR3/SP XPSD server execution: Couldn't retrieve a valid spectrum wavelength table.
Reading swap files...
3027.792 MiB/s
<* failed *>

I have attached the DR3 and DR3/SP files that show I have in GAIA.
Any help would be much appreciated!!

Attachments

• Screenshot DR3_SP.png
    Screenshot DR3_SP.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 12
Hello @Plumberb

I believe your catalogs are not configured properly. You can see that SPCC is trying to load a gdr3 file instead of a gdr3sp file.
In the Gaia preferences you must configured the GAIA DR3 data release with gdr3 files and the GAIA DR3/SP data release with gdr3sp files

Hello @ NICO
Thanks for your response! When I read it, I was just figuring out the relationship between GAIA process and SPCC. When I got it sorted out, I was still getting the 'valid spectrum wavelength table' error. I finally realized one of the GAIA files was mis-named - I think it was labled as version (2), maybe because I had accidently downloaded twice, but when I corrected it to (1), SPCC worked perfectly!
My take away is: If I am using SPCC I need to reference DR3/SP files in GAIA, and when I am using Image Solver, I need to reference DR3 files in GAIA. Is that correct?
PI has a STEEP learning curve! Thanks for your advice and support!
Plumberb

Hello @ NICO
Thanks for your response! When I read it, I was just figuring out the relationship between GAIA process and SPCC. When I got it sorted out, I was still getting the 'valid spectrum wavelength table' error. I finally realized one of the GAIA files was mis-named - I think it was labled as version (2), maybe because I had accidently downloaded twice, but when I corrected it to (1), SPCC worked perfectly!
My take away is: If I am using SPCC I need to reference DR3/SP files in GAIA, and when I am using Image Solver, I need to reference DR3 files in GAIA. Is that correct?
PI has a STEEP learning curve! Thanks for your advice and support!
Plumberb
More succinctly, in the Gaia process, the DR3 dropdown needs to point to the DR3 files, and the DR3/SP dropdown needs to point to the DR3/SP files. After that, everything takes care of itself without any explicit management.

Thanks cloudbait! I have it as you suggested and found that is all that is necessary - both SPCC and Image Solver know where to go.

Back