Gradient Correction : Error: Insufficient data to sample gradient, channel 2

Bigcrunch

hello ,
"first sorry for my english"
I tried to use the GradientCorrection process , but I still get the following error message :"Error: Insufficient data to sample gradient, channel 2" !!!
the image was taken with a Sigma FP camera and does 6044 px*x 4042px.
when I make a preview of a certain size it works , a preview of the full version does not work !!

Thanks you

hello ,
"first sorry for my english"
I tried to use the GradientCorrection process , but I still get the following error message :"Error: Insufficient data to sample gradient, channel 2" !!!
the image was taken with a Sigma FP camera and does 6044 px*x 4042px.
when I make a preview of a certain size it works , a preview of the full version does not work !!

Thanks you
Uncheck "Structure Protection". This setting fails for me about 95% of the time. I wish its default state was unchecked, as I usually forget to uncheck it and get that error, forcing me to go another round.

Uncheck "Structure Protection"
thanks Chris but
That changes nothing
I tried this answer too

With your image of course. Can you try to reset all parameters and apply the process just like that?
it's the same really strange

Attachments

• GradientCorrectionError.jpg
    GradientCorrectionError.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 66
no , I just saw , it is 1604 !!
Well , a new version of the gradient correction tool was released with build 1604 but if you are on this build, it shouldn't make any difference (and it is working for @cloudbait with the same build)!

I don't know what's going on?

Can you maybe try to close and reopen Pix, open your image and apply the GradientCorrection process with de default settings (and whithout preview)? Just to rule out some memory/swap problem

it doesn't matter !!!
I'm going to take ABE and DBE again :)
thank you all for your help
Well... that's kind of a bodge. If one process isn't working the same for you as it does for everyone else, it might well mean there's something seriously broken in your setup, which means other processes may be working incorrectly, too. Maybe just not as obviously. This issue warrants tracking down.

(Looking at your error messages above, I wonder if you have some sort of problem with your swap files. Look at how the process ran for me... one write to swap, no reads. You have a whole string of much smaller writes and failed reads. Suspicious. What are your system specs?)

Last edited:
If one process isn't working the same for you as it does for everyone else, it might well mean there's something seriously broken in your setup, which means other processes may be working incorrectly, too
yes definitely !!!
what's strange is that it works if I resize the image

Attachments

• GradientCorrection_good.jpg
    GradientCorrection_good.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 62
Back