fixed Annotation in JNow instead of J2000 - possible ?

Sorry I don't really know what the problem is. As said, the effect is the same in CdC, and if I choose there to use JNow instead of J2000, all is ok.
I'm not so knowledgeable in English, I can't explain it any better.

Thank you for uploading the image. This is a very strange case and I am not sure why it is happening. There is an error somewhere with this particular object (AD Leonis) that I have to investigate. The code that interprets GCVS data downloaded from VizieR is correct; I've analyzed it thoroughly.

These are the coordinates of AD Leonis as decoded by AnnotateImage for your image:

Image35.jpg

The correct ICRS coordinates are:

R.A.: 10h 19m 36.281s
Dec.: +19° 52′ 12.01″

I suspect that the epoch of coordinates declared as "official" for GCVS version 5.1 (2020 edition) is not correct, hence the proper motions are not well calculated. I'll investigate this further and will return here with more information. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for reporting this problem (which has nothing to do with apparent coordinates, BTW).

Sorry I don't really know what the problem is. As said, the effect is the same in CdC, and if I choose there to use JNow instead of J2000, all is ok.
I'm not so knowledgeable in English, I can't explain it any better.
If the issue is proper motion, I think the only solution is to cross-reference the GCVS catalog with Gaia to get the full astrometric information. See an example of where this has been done for other purposes: https://academic.oup.com/mnras/article/522/4/6087/7150708

Hi Thomas,

This is a bug. It is caused by a small error in the calculation of space motion vectors of stars (= corrections for proper motions + parallax + radial velocity), which only affects stars with large parallaxes. Thanks to your report I have been able to identify, understand and solve this problem.

This bug is now fixed. Here are annotations for your image using Gaia DR3:

Desktop_Preview01.jpg

and the GCVS catalog:

Desktop1_Preview01.jpg

Of course, these annotations show astrometric coordinates.

Again, thank you for helping us detect this problem. We are preparing a new version of PixInsight with this bug fixed. We'll release it in a few days.

Sorry, but, is it really fixed ? With most recent version, I'm still observing the same effect.
Annotate GCVS, a lot of stars are hit exactly, but the one 'High Proper Motion' star (FS CMi in this case) not.
?

Yes, it was fixed several builds ago. I can confirm it with tests. Can you please upload the image where you are observing errors?

Of course, the above test has been made after solving the image with our ImageSolver script (default parameters).

Back